Cultural Harakiri ?

  • vadlapudi kesavarao
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      Dears All,
      When I write about the happy,dancing,frolicking wonderful youth of Telengana, I, get angry and threatening letters. They want everyone to believe that the youth of Telengana are a sad and depressed lot who do nothing else but think of suicide or actually commit suicide to escape, I,think from the Telugu Deyyam. When I write truly and clearly that Sri Burgula Ramakrishna Rao garu is a colossus equal to Sardar Patel, again they get angry. He has to be a genetically cowardly narrow minded person whose outlook and perspective does not go beyond the pitiable people of Telengana. When I write about the bard Sri C.Narayana Reddy they want to shackle him with the songs forced on him by these very people and disconnect him to the very Telugu heritage!
      So they want the very heritage of Telengana to be of suicides by depressed youth!
      Have you ever seen anywhere in the world of the so called intellectuals who want their people to be portrayed as a sorry and depressed lot? Have you ever come across anywhere in the world of any Professor PhD, insisting that their so called great people are in fact small time persons?
      They want Telengana to give the image of a heap of dead bodies of students that committed suicide!
      Sir, the area of Telengana as a part of the great state of Andhra Pradesh is as much mine. I am proud of my people in Telengana. They are not the  cowardly depressed people that commit suicide as they are supposed to suffer from a chronic inferiority complex comparing themselves with their own other Telugu people.This is cultural mass murder.
    • Janardhan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2013
        Mr.Thiagarajan,
        Does not this following exhortation of yours apply to Mr.Vadlapudi Keshava Rao?
        `While a debate is for sure a healthy one on a subject as this, the debate itself
        should be healthy.I am concerned that exchanges are getting to be direct attacks on individuals.
        Let us be FOR or AGAINST an opinion or argument and NOT the person propounding
        it.'
        His sickening rantings allowed so profusely are leaving a bad taste in the forum. For god's sake and for the sake of sanity of the forum, please ask him to stop the drivel.

        --- In karmayog-hyd@yahoogroups.com, vadlapudi kesavarao <vkvk9058@...> wrote:

        > Dears All,
        > When I write about the happy,dancing,frolicking wonderful youth of
        > Telengana, I, get angry and threatening letters. They want everyone to
        > believe that the youth of Telengana are a sad and depressed lot who do
        > nothing else but think of suicide or actually commit suicide to escape,
        > I,think from the Telugu Deyyam. When I write truly and clearly that Sri
        > Burgula Ramakrishna Rao garu is a colossus equal to Sardar Patel, again
        > they get angry. He has to be a genetically cowardly narrow minded person
        > whose outlook and perspective does not go beyond the pitiable people of
        > Telengana. When I write about the bard Sri C.Narayana Reddy they want to
        > shackle him with the songs forced on him by these very people and
        > disconnect him to the very Telugu heritage!
        > So they want the very heritage of Telengana to be of suicides by depressed
        > youth!
        > Have you ever seen anywhere in the world of the so called intellectuals who
        > want their people to be portrayed as a sorry and depressed lot? Have you
        > ever come across anywhere in the world of any Professor PhD, insisting that
        > their so called great people are in fact small time persons?
        > They want Telengana to give the image of a heap of dead bodies of students
        > that committed suicide!
        > Sir, the area of Telengana as a part of the great state of Andhra Pradesh
        > is as much mine. I am proud of my people in Telengana. They are not the
        > cowardly depressed people that commit suicide as they are supposed to
        > suffer from a chronic inferiority complex comparing themselves with their
        > own other Telugu people.This is cultural mass murder.

      • Thiagarajan
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2013
          While it is a honour to be the moderator for such a discussion group, the job becomes unenviable when discussions get to be hot and nasty.

          Henceforth I may just delete mails that I find nasty or unhealthy in my opinion. Please bear with.

          Best regards
          Thiagarajan