PROMISES, BETRAYAL, AND OPPRESSION - THE SAGA OF TELANGANA

  • rsubhash@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2013
      Dear Karmayogis,

      Watch this video dcoumentary on "Promises, Betrayal, and Oppression - The saga of Telangana" if you want to know the facts and the truth about Telangana and the Demand for Demerger of Telangana from Andhra Pradesh:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGzvUPfFx0

      How many of you know that the Hyderabad State (Telangana) was not officially part of the Dominion of India until September 1948?

      YES, it was an independent kingdom ruled by the Nizam.  It had its own currency, defense, railway system, and many of the trappings of a Nation!  Its ruler was the Richest Man in the World!  Obviously, a poor, wretched, and undeveloped land would not give so much wealth to its ruler.

      From 1948, Hyderabad Deccan, as it was known, functioned as one of the States of Indian Union before India became a Republic (1952) and before India's Constitution was even written.  Alas, there was no Andhra State as yet because it didn't exist then.

      Andhra State came into being on October 1st, 1953 after years of violent agitations and the death of Potti Sri Ramulu who fasted unto death - NOT for Andhra Pradesh (as its has been propagandized through Lies) but for the inclusion of Madras City as capital city (Madras Manade) of the as yet not born State of Andhra!

      Well, Tamils wouldn't give up Madras city which they felt, justifiably, was their own and which they developed after the British originally formed the city of Madras as the capital of the Madras Presidency.  Tamils accounted for 68% and Andhras accounted for 19% of Madras city population in 1951, two years before Andhra State was born.

      Although Andhras were less than a fifth of the population and even then mostly through migration (not native of the city) they didn't feel shy to claim "Madras Manade" (Madras is Ours).  Just as the Andhras now claim Hyderabad is theirs although they migrated to Hyderabad mostly after 1980's!

      Here is a video documentary on why Telangana State Demand is so widely popular in Telangana.  Please watch it:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGzvUPfFx0

      Subhash C Reddy, Ph. D.

    • MVS
      Message 2 of 8 , May 2 1:04 PM
        Dear Sir,

        When a hatred is generated in some persons with blind fury against persons of other religion, other language, other region, other caste or sub caste, etc. not on personal reasons but based only on strong prejudices,( in this case against entire regional people to ridicule with provocation.) it would be wasting energy to make to understand to reason for persons like Dr. Subhash C.Reddy.
        However I leave it to his better judgment to try to understand only the point of merger of Nizam kingdom to Free India in 1948. As from his point of view he seemed to be a lackey of Nizam rulers and praise the rulers’ achievement and great plans to develop Godavari valley ( not implemented but only planned by a British army officer named Col Slaughter)Etc.,.
        I wish to bring out the merger issue and conditions prevailed which would have far reaching consequences to India In general and south India in particular. As he seemed to have notion that merger to Indian union was not in the interest of people who were better of under the great Nizam kingdom!.

        Vetti Chakiri Udyamam

        The revolt started in 1946 in the Nalgonda district against the oppressive feudal lords and quickly spread to the Warangal and Bidar districts in around 4000 villages. Peasant farmers and labourers revolted against local feudal landlords (jagirdars and deshmukhs), who were ruling the villages known as samsthans. These samsthans were ruled mostly by Reddys and Velamas, known as doralu. They ruled over the communities in the village and managed the tax collections (revenues) and owned almost all the land in that area. The Nizam had little control over these regions, barring the capital Hyderabad. Chakali Ilamma, belonging to a the Rajaka caste, had revolted against ‘zamindar' Ramachandra Reddy during the struggle when he tried to take her 4 acres of land. Her revolt inspired many to join the movement.
        The communist led agitation was successful in liberating over 3000 villages from the feudal lords and 10,000 acres of agriculture land was distributed to landless peasants. Around 4000 peasants lost their lives in the struggle fighting feudal private armies.
        It later became a fight against Nizam. The initial modest aims were to do away with the illegal and excessive exploitation meted out by these feudal lords in the name of bonded labour. The most strident demand was for the writing off of all debts of the peasants that were manipulated by the feudal lords.
        Nizam’s resistance to join Indian union.
        With Hyderabad's administration failing after 1945, the Nizam succumbed to the pressure of the Muslim elite, which started the Razzakar Movement, which was very violent and was also responsible for forcible conversions of religion. At the same time the Nizam was resisting the Indian government's efforts to bring the Hyderabad state into the Indian Union. The government sent the army in September 1948 to annex the Hyderabad state into Indian Union. The Communist party had already instigated the peasants to use guerrilla tactics against the Razzakars and around 3000 villages (about 41000 sq. kilometres) had come under peasant rule. The landlords were either killed or driven out and the land was redistributed. These victorious villages established communes reminiscent of Soviet mir (social) to administer their region. These community governments were integrated regionally into a central organization. The rebellion was led by the Communist Party of India under the banner of Andhra Mahasabha. (The freedom fighters against Nizam rulers fought under the name of Andhra Mahasabha and not Telengana Mahasabha when the people’s movement was started in 1930, at Jogipet in Warangal district under the presidentship of (late) Sri Suravaram Pratap Reddy garu and the second meeting was presided by (late) Sri Bhurgula Ramakrishna Rao garu at Devarakonda in 1931)

        After Indian Independence (1947-48)

        When India gained independence in 1947 and Pakistan came into existence in 1947, the British left the local rulers of the princely states the choice of whether to join one of the new dominions or to remain independent. Both the Nizam and many of his Razakars(nobles), being Muslims, wished Hyderabad to join Pakistan; but this was exceptionally problematical, as the state was entirely surrounded by the new Union of India. The Nizam was persuaded not to accede to Pakistan by the last British Viceroy, Lord Mountbatten. Given the Nizam's determination not to join India, this left Hyderabad as an independent country.
        However, although Hyderabad had a Muslim ruling class, its Hindus outnumbered its Muslims by about eight to one. The Nizam was also in a weak position, as his army numbered only 24,000 men, of whom only some 6,000 were fully trained and equipped .
        The Razakars (volunteers), a Muslim paramilitary organization aimed at sabotaging Hindus in Deccan, was directly linked to the MIM. In total up to 150,000 Razakar soldiers were mobilized to fight against the Indian Union and for the independence of the Hyderabad State against Indian integration and to force its eventual merger into Pakistan instead. (After the integration of the Hyderabad state with India( the MIM was banned in 1948 till 1957.The MIM president and Razakar leader Qasim Rizvi was jailed from 1948 to 1957, and then he was left on the condition to go to Pakistan, where he was granted asylum)
        On 24 August 1948, Hyderabad formally asked the Secretary General of the new United Nations Organization for its Security Council, under Article 32 of the United Nations Charter, to consider the "grave dispute, which, unless settled in accordance with international law and justice, is likely to endanger the maintenance of international peace and security." In Hyderabad, this appeal was widely considered foolish and sure to provoke India to take military action before the UN could intervene. However, on 4 September Mir Laiq Ali announced to the Hyderabad Assembly that a delegation was about to leave for Lake Success, headed by Moin Nawaz Jung.
        At 4 a.m. on 13 September 1948, India's Hyderabad Campaign, code-named "Operation Polo" by the Indian Army, was commenced, with Indian troops invading Hyderabad from all points of the compass. At 5 p.m. on 17 September the Nizam surrendered. India then incorporated the state of Hyderabad into the Union of India and ended the rule of the Nizams. The annexation of Hyderabad was generally welcomed by many Hindus in the state, but Muslims emphasized the unlawfulness of the invasion. Some Muslims migrated to Pakistan, mainly to Karachi which has a sizeable Hyderabadi muhajir community.
        Hyderabad became a state of India.

        Sincerely,
        M.V.S.

        ( I was 18 and studying at Delhi, on 17 Sept 1948. I had witnessed the great rejoicing all over India and Hyderabad state)

        --- In karmayog-hyd@yahoogroups.com, "rsubhash@..." <rsubhash@...> wrote:

        > Dear Karmayogis,
        >
        > Watch this video dcoumentary on "Promises, Betrayal, and Oppression -
        > The saga of Telangana" if you want to know the facts and the truth about
        > Telangana and the Demand for Demerger of Telangana from Andhra Pradesh:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGzvUPfFx0
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGzvUPfFx0>
        >
        > How many of you know that the Hyderabad State (Telangana) was not
        > officially part of the Dominion of India until September 1948?
        >
        > YES, it was an independent kingdom ruled by the Nizam. It had its own
        > currency, defense, railway system, and many of the trappings of a
        > Nation! Its ruler was the Richest Man in the World! Obviously, a poor,
        > wretched, and undeveloped land would not give so much wealth to its
        > ruler.
        >
        > From 1948, Hyderabad Deccan, as it was known, functioned as one of the
        > States of Indian Union before India became a Republic (1952) and before
        > India's Constitution was even written. Alas, there was no Andhra State
        > as yet because it didn't exist then.
        >
        > Andhra State came into being on October 1st, 1953 after years of violent
        > agitations and the death of Potti Sri Ramulu who fasted unto death - NOT
        > for Andhra Pradesh (as its has been propagandized through Lies) but for
        > the inclusion of Madras City as capital city (Madras Manade) of the as
        > yet not born State of Andhra!
        >
        > Well, Tamils wouldn't give up Madras city which they felt, justifiably,
        > was their own and which they developed after the British originally
        > formed the city of Madras as the capital of the Madras Presidency.
        > Tamils accounted for 68% and Andhras accounted for 19% of Madras city
        > population in 1951, two years before Andhra State was born.
        >
        > Although Andhras were less than a fifth of the population and even then
        > mostly through migration (not native of the city) they didn't feel shy
        > to claim "Madras Manade" (Madras is Ours). Just as the Andhras now
        > claim Hyderabad is theirs although they migrated to Hyderabad mostly
        > after 1980's!
        >
        > Here is a video documentary on why Telangana State Demand is so widely
        > popular in Telangana. Please watch it:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGzvUPfFx0
        > <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmGzvUPfFx0>
        >
        > Subhash C Reddy, Ph. D.

      • Janardhan
        Message 3 of 8 , May 3 7:48 PM
          Dear Sri MVS garu,

          Namasthe!

          Your obituary on Nizam's Hyderabad state is very supercilious.The Promises,Betrayal and Repression is the Saga of Telangana from 1956 till to day.Your sketchy description of the events before 1948 are not only inaccurate but are totally irrelevent to the topic. The movie provides the graphic account of many of the promises,betrayals and repression to Telangana in the merged state. Your superficial description of the events before 1948, do not make any sense here except exhibiting your bias against Telangana. I request you to come in to the history of merged state and view the movie given in the link. And examine the telling evidences provided in the movie to understand reason with an open mind and eradicate your prejudice.

          Yours sincerely,
          J R Janumpalli

          Deleted a sentence to moderate the tone... Regards Thiagarajan

          --- In karmayog-hyd@yahoogroups.com, "MVS" <mvsrao_5@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > > the inclusion of Madras City as capital city (Madras Manade) of the as
          > > yet not born State of Andhra!
          > >
          > > Well, Tamils wouldn't give up Madras city which they felt, justifiably,
          > > was their own and which they developed after the British originally
          > > formed the city of Madras as the capital of the Madras Presidency.
          > > Tamils accounted for 68% and Andhras accounted for 19% of Madras city
          > > population in 1951, two years before Andhra State was born.
          > >
          > > Although Andhras were less than a fifth of the population and even then
          > > mostly through migration (not native of the city) they didn't feel shy
          > > to claim "Madras Manade" (Madras is Ours). Just as the Andhras now
          > > claim Hyderabad is theirs although they migrated to Hyderabad mostly
          > > after 1980's!
          > >
          > > Here is a video documentary on why Telangana State Demand is so widely

        • jeevananda reddy
          Message 4 of 8 , May 4 10:46 PM

            Namaskar,

            “The Promises, Betrayal and Repression are the saga of Telangana from 1956 till to date” – this type of observations help to raise the sentiments but reality is different which was summarized in the Sri Krishna Committee Report.  From this report it was clear that Rayalaseema was the real looser in the fight.

            Before India became Independent major part was under British rule, and several parts were under different rulers.  After Independence all these joined in to India except few rulers.  They were brought under India through physical force.  Hyderabad is one of this.  After freeing this part from Nizam rule it was known as Hyderabad state.  This state consists of Kannada speaking parts, Marathi speaking parts and Telugu speaking parts – 9 districts. While the capital city, Hyderabad, was a cosmopolitan city. Urdu, Telugu, Marathi, Kannada, Hindi and other languages speaking people were part of this city.  It is clear that Hyderabad is different from the 9 Telugu speaking districts.

            During Nawab regime, he invited other Telugu speaking neighbouring districts – originally part of Nizam regime but latter gifted to British regime – to help in agriculture.  Along with them came people with knowledge in education, health care, etc.  All these were settled and thus became part of 9 districts.  Also, from centuries the Telugu speaking people have family links with border districts from the 9 Telugu speaking Nizam districts.  See the case of Kurnool & Mahboobnagar; Nalgonda & Prakasham, Guntur, Krishna, etc.

            I attended a seminar programme at FAPCI. Sri. Vital, IAS (Retd) and Prof.  Jayasankar were on the dais along with few others.   Vital from his experience brought to the notice of audience that  after Andhra Pradesh state was formed people from the 9 districts preferred jobs in capital city and refused to go to districts.  Under those circumstances people from the other Telugu speaking districts accepted the posts in 9 districts.  Because of this you find more people from other than 9 districts.  It is not fault of the rulers.  Even now Doctors refusing to go to districts and everybody wants jobs in Hyderabad. Recent elections to employees unions clearly show majority are from the 9 districts only.  Prof. Jayasankar was made Vice-chancellor. Majority of the people involved in separate state enjoyed power, powerful jobs; their children are happily living abroad or in Hyderabad.

            Some of these facts I presented in an article presented in Vaartha 13-09-2006. This is a counter to a series of articles presented by the present TJAC members, most of them are professors.   Most of these are getting salaries running in to lakhs of rupees and not attending their duties.  All their children are abroad – studying & got employment – but they obstruct others education and job opportunities here. Very recently I countered the water issues presented by Harish Rao in Andhra Jyothi.   In fact Sri Krishna Committee presented very clearly these issues – leaders from the 9 districts presented their view orally and in writing on several occasions -- & a technical committee toured some villages to understand the realities.   After Andhra Pradesh formation 9 Telugu speaking districts of Nizam regime benefitted over the other Telugu speaking parts.  As a result, the slogans for separate state changed from development angle to self rule and self respect angle.  This change itself clearly demonstrates that “Promises, Betrayal and Repression” is only a propaganda slogan only. Also, all along the leaders from these 9 districts talked of 4.5 crores of population but now 2011 census show it is less than 3.5 crores including Hyderabad district wherein other Telugu speaking districts people farm around 50 lakhs in HMDA area.

            In 1969 [fortunately my wife completed her degree from Reddy College, Narayanguda in 1968] when Dr. Channa Reddy started separate state movement innocent children were brutally killed and when he got CM gaddi he forgot everything.  Later he became central minister and Governor of UP, etc. While enjoying these posts he never talked of separate state. He was a powerful leader. PV Narasimha Rao was CM as well PM – the only person from south India – but never talked of separate state or projects or development.  Jalagam Vengal Rao was a powerful leader but he never talked of separate state but did good job in development angle.  The present TRS leader enjoyed power but never questioned on separate state or lapses or development but when he did not get his due share in Shamshabad and ORR projects, which fetched thousands of crores to TDP & NDA real estate groups, he realized separate state movement to counter them.

            In the 9 districts some powerful groups are minting lakhs of crores through illegal mining – very recently TV9 and few other TV channels highlighted these as well print media but leaders never questioned this. This money would have helped to complete most of the irrigation and other projects in these 9 districts and thus people would have been happy.

            On Bayyaram iron ore, we saw lot of talk recently.  Yesterday night on TV5 an interview was telecast with an old man from Khammam district who did Ph.D in Bayyaram iron ore and his father mined here during 1954-64 and exported iron ore to Japan from Kakinada port. He observed more than 50% of the ore is less than 60 and other is around 62-64 which means it is low grade – in the AP state formation Anatapur lost Bellary with medium to high grade iron ore zone to Karanataka along with gold mines zones -- He also stated that after that when government handed over to NMDC their conditions were not encouraging and thus discontinued mining.  Later TDP regime gave mining lease to TDP leaders through benami locals.  Also illegal mining was rampant.

            Nobody questioned such activities in Bayyaram but when Dr. YSR streamlined this and called for tenders to erect steel plant there itself that provide employment to locals. Only two applied and one got the contract.  He will get iron ore from NMDC.  Those who indulged all along illegal mining started complaining through media that the contract is Dr. YSR son-in-law.  Even if it is true then what is wrong, as a citizen of India anybody can submit tenders? Any how government cancelled it and gave permission to use the ore in 3% [5, 342 ha of one lakh fifty ha] of the area what the people are talking?  Here again separate state slogan on this. Vijag steel plant is a national project and not of other Telugu speaking people project.  There was a completion between Karanataka, Tamil Nadu and AP.  The demand for Vijag was spear headed by Andhra University Student Union and later politicians took over.

            People talk of separate state for power but not bothered on developments that help people.  They know very well as long as rural people are suffering politicians can play their game.  Let those who harping on separate state; get the statistics on the wealth of those leaders in all political parties!!!!

            Dr. S. Jeevananda Reddy

          • Janardhan
            Message 5 of 8 , May 5 11:55 AM
              Dear Sir,
              Namasthe,
              I have asked the gentlemen in the forum to watch the DVD and comment on the issues presented there. But, you have chosen to write about your own opinions which have no relevance to the issues at hand for discussion.You must be aware that SKC had submitted a secret chapter(Chapter 8) to the Central government, suggesting methods to control the movement.The repression part of the movie shows that handiwork of SKC in detail.Hearing other peoples grievances and finding solutions to them is the process of managing the problem;not spurning,gagging and police repression as secretly advised by the SKC.
              Smt.Volga, well known author from Vijayawada said that the representatives of both Andhra and Telangana people should sit together and discuss the grievances from both the sides and try to solve the problems.If it is not possible they can agree to get separated amicably with certain settlement.In this episode of Telangana movement since 2004, there was no meeting by the concerned, to discuss the grievances whether they were right or wrong.Simply most of the seemandhra people say that asking for demerger is a blasphemy and an unpardonable thing.They should have known it when they got separated from Madras, as the very first state to get separated even before SRC. I regret to say that,Your saying `propaganda slogan' is part of that attitude.
              You should know that Indian government made a declaration of intiating the process of Telangana state in the Parliament.Telangana people are asking to implement it.Since it is not happening they are trying to present their grievances in a democratic way.It may look like propaganda sloganeering to you.It is their ill-fated anguish.

              I understand by now that you people do not have the stomach to digest the facts presented by Telangana people.You go on airing your own prejudices voluminously with irrelevant history and geography,as facts to divert the focus from the real problem.If you do not want to believe our words, you can atleast believe the words of some of your own seemandhra compatriots what they said on Telangana movement.You can watch the video clips clicking the links given below and savor the intellectual honesty of the gentlemen.
              Dr.MVRamana Reddy, Political leader and Social activist, Cuddapah (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CODNWqUrdM8)
              Dr.Vijaya Kumar(Nellore),Social scientist, Jana Vignana Vedika (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=QDzD4t1kL2M)
              I know it is likely that you don't waste your valuable time on this.Our effort for a meaningful dialogue is not possible here.Then why should we blow our conch in the wilderness? I would like to rest my discussion on the topic here.
              Thanks,
              good-bye,
              J R Janumpalli

            • rsubhash@rocketmail.com
              Message 6 of 8 , May 5 1:20 PM
                I wish my esteemed colleagues in this august Forum would address specific facts and points and provide their rebuttal and substantiate it with references and sources of their arguments along with Facts instead of a long, rambling, incoherent narration of their personal opinions.  One can have a personal opinion but NOT his/her own Facts!

                So, Rayala Seema was the real loser in this fight as per the SKC Committee report or so claims Dr Jeevanad Reddy.  Perhaps, he could quote excerpts from the Report to substantiate his claim?  or is it too much to ask or rather personal opinions don't need to be proven by facts.  Let us accept the notion that Rayala Seema is the real loser in AP then, why doesn't he demand a State for his Rayala Seema?  It's disappointing that he didn't even mention the Sri Baugh Pact that was signed between the leaders of Andhra (Coastal) and Seema which gave secial protections for Seema?  Indeed, it is true that Rayala Seema people were very apprehensive of the Coastal Andhra people that they will dominate Seema people and not be fair adjudicators.  That's why the Sri Baugh Pact was signed but, true to their nature, the Andhra leaders dishonored the pact just as they did the Gentlemens Agreement with Telangana.

                But, Dr Reddy does not explain how that is possible when the politicians from Seema ruled AP as Chief Ministers at least half the time, the most recent was the all powerful YSR whom even Delhi was scared to displease?  Yet, he holds the people of Telangana responsible for the ineptness and betrayal by the Telangana Politicians!  Let me quote from the SKC Report he is so fond of:

                page 407:   1) Coastal Andhra had the maximum CMs (10) while CMs from Rayalaseema ruled the longest (23 years 9 months). Together, the Seema-Andhra region held the position of CM for 42 years while Telangana held it for only 10.5 years. Thus the combined domination of the Seema-Andhra region is apparent.

                SKC also reported this:

                7.18.02
                The Telangana movement can be interpreted as a desire for greater
                democracy and empowerment within a political unit. As stated earlier, sub-
                regionalism is a movement which is not necessarily primordial but is essentially
                modern – in the direction of a balanced and equitable modernization. Our
                analysis shows that cutting across caste, religion, gender and other divisions, the
                Telangana movement brings a focus on the development of the region as a
                whole, a focus on rights and access to regional resources and further, it pitches
                for a rights-based development perspective whereby groups and communities
                put forth their agendas within a larger vision of equitable development
                .
                There are
                strong indications that if Telangana does become a separate state, a movement
                for separation is likely to follow in Rayalaseema, which remains the most
                backward region in the state. (page 413)

                Gee whiz, it is unbecoming of Telangana people for wanting jobs in Hyderabad which had been their native land and city for centuries but it is OK that 80% of the government jobs are demanded and usurped by people of Andhra and Seema.

                Finally,  SKC also concluded this:

                e)
                The Committee is of the view that given the long history of the
                demand for a separate Telangana, the highly charged emotions at present
                and the likelihood of the agitation continuing in case the demand is not met
                (unless handled deftly, tactfully and firmly as discussed under option six),
                consideration has to be given to this option. The grievances of the people of
                Telangana, such as non-implementation of some of the key decisions included in the Gentleman‟s Agreement (1956), certain amount of neglect in implementation of water and irrigation schemes, inadequate provision for education infrastructure (excluding Hyderabad), and the undue delay in the implementation of the Presidential order on public employment etc., have contributed to the felt psyche of discrimination and domination,
                with the issue
                attaining an emotional pitch. The continuing demand, therefore, for a
                separate Telangana, the Committee felt, has some merit and is not entirely
                unjustified.
                In case this option is exercised, the apprehensions of the coastal
                Andhra and Rayalaseema people and others who have settled in Hyderabad
                and other districts of Telangana with regard to their investments, properties,
                livelihood and employment, would need to be adequately addressed and
                confidence instilled that their safety and security would get the highest
                priority from the new dispensation. Considering all aspects, the Committee
                felt that while creation of a separate Telangana would satisfy a large majority
                of people from the region, it would also throw up several other serious
                problems as indicated above. The implications for the other two regions also
                cannot be ignored. Therefore, after taking into account all the pros and cons,
                the Committee did not think it to be the most preferred, but the second best option
                (page 453)

                I like to draw the attention of those who harp on anti-Telangana State stand to at least state their objections and opposition in a clear and concise manner and provide support from verifiable and official sources instead of rambling "feelings".

                Otherwise, anybody will consider it irrelevant and ignore it.

                Subhash C Reddy, Ph.D.

                --- In karmayog-hyd@yahoogroups.com, jeevananda reddy wrote:

> [...]
                > citizen of India anybody can submit tenders? Any how government cancelled it
                > and gave permission to use the ore in 3% [5, 342 ha of one lakh fifty ha] of
                > the area what the people are talking?
                > Here again separate state slogan on this. Vijag steel plant is a
                > national project and not of other Telugu speaking people project.  There was a completion between Karanataka,
                > Tamil Nadu and AP.  The demand for Vijag
                > was spear headed by Andhra University Student Union and later politicians took
                > over.
                >

                > People talk of
                > separate state for power but not bothered on developments that help
                > people.  They know very well as long as
                > rural people are suffering politicians can play their game.  Let those who harping on separate state; get
                > the statistics on the wealth of those leaders in all political parties!!!!

              • jeevananda reddy
                Message 7 of 8 , May 6 7:48 PM
                  Namaskar,

                  J. R. Janumpalle -- I made my observations on the heading of the discussion. No body has time to watch DVDs. Any how you said you would like to rest your discussion on the topic.  A good decision.

                  Prof. Subhash Reddy -- What I presented is not my opinion but are facts.  You ask me to substantiate on Rayalaseema -- I suggest you read your own post wherein it states "for separation is likely to follow in Rayalaseema, which remains the most backward region in the state".

                  You ask me another question - Why does not demand a state for his Rayalaseema?  You can also ask why other states have not asked for separation? You can also why other states are not asking for separate country? This is irrelevant question. I look for upliftment of people but not wastage of money by dividing.

                  About CMs -- India was ruled by PMs from UP. This does not mean they worked for the development of UP only.  In fact Punjab & Haryana were the major beneficiaries basically because of the local leaders were fond of developing their respective states. So was the case with CMs from Rayalaseema.  Because of their fond love for AP, it became a rice bowl of India.  PVN was PM from Karimnagar, has he done anything for the benefit of local people. Same way every state can ask why PM is not from their state? We need a leader.

                  Because of these, SKC finally opted status-co.  You do something to benefit people instead harping on separate state.  I myself did a lot through my writtings to CMs of AP and present PM that help the people in general.  Educated people enjoiying all benefits and still talk of separate state.  Who will be the beneficiaries. Not common man but people like you. Sorry for my observations and request you to do something to help common man in your area atleast.

                  Dr. S. Jeevananda Reddy

                • Janardhan
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 7 3:26 AM
                    Dear Sir,
                    Namasthe,
                    "I made my observations on the heading of the discussion. No body has time to watch DVDs. Any how you said you would like to rest your discussion on the topic. A good decision."
                    It is a video clip of about 30 minutes.You don't have time to watch it.But you write spending more than that time, your observations on it even without knowing what is there in it. That is what is called `prejudice'(prejudgement). Such debate is a waste of time.That is why I have taken that good decision of resting my discussion with you on the topic. How ever I request and suggest to you to kindly listen and ponder over on the views of other people before writing your valuable observations.
                    Thank you,