Fwd: on Saturday, 23th: "The green Snake and the beautiful lily" 18hrs and Point of View - screening documentary: What a way to go...Life at the End of Empire, 5.30hrs; Information from the German Embassy

  • Programs Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013

      Anthroposophical Society in India & Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad invite you to:

      Green Snake and the The Beautiful Lily

      A play by J. W. von Goethe,

      directed by Hajo Dekker

      Saturday, 23th February 2013, 18:00 – 20:00HRS

      AT: Indira Priyadarshini Hall, Public Gardens

      Tickets available at the Goethe-Zentrum

      Inline images 1

      About the play:

      Goethe's magical fairy tale is brought to life on many levels in this subtle and evocative performance by London Eurythmy. Rudolf Steiner described this story as ‘a marvellous work - one must live it, not merely read it’. This production by London Eurythmy, with original music and a text adapted for the stage, promises to be a provocative and profound interpretation of the original.

      Documentary Circle of Hyderabad, Goethe-Zentrum, Alliance Francaise of Hyderabad

      Invite you to

      Point of View
      SCREENING OF DOCUMENTARY

      WHAT A WAY TO GO...Life at the End of Empire

      Director - TS Bennett
      Duration - 2 Hours

      Inline images 2

      Date - 23rd February, 2013, Time - 5.30pm

      Venue – Goethe-Zentrum, 20, Journalists Colony, Rd no:3, Banjara Hills.

      (2nd right lane inside Street opposite Times of India, Banjara Hills)

      OPEN TO ALL!

      Synopsis -

      Tim Bennett, middle-class white guy, started waking up to the global environmental nightmare in the mid-1980s. But life was so busy with raising kids and pursuing the American dream that he never got around to acting on his concerns. Until now…

      Bennett journeys from complacency to consciousness in his feature-length documentary, What a Way To Go: Life at the End of Empire. He reviews his Midwestern roots, ruthlessly examines the stories he was raised with, and then details the grim realities humans now face: escalating climate change, resource shortages, degraded ecosystems, an exploding global population and teetering global economies.

      Bennett identifies and calls into question the fundamental assumption that has led to this unprecedented crisis in human history: that humans were destined to dominate the rest of the community of life with the Culture of Empire.

      He pushes the dialogue where Al Gore did not go.

      Powerful interviews with well-known authors including Daniel Quinn, Derrick Jensen and Richard Heinberg, and noted scientists William Schlesinger and Stuart Pimm, fill in some important pieces. Scathing and humorous use of archival footage is balanced with very human snapshot comments from family and friends.

      On Walkabout, Bennett ends with an invitation to join him with courage and consciousness on the unexplored shores of a future not yet written

      Inline images 3

      Press Release

      Date: 21.02.2013

      India Gate all Indo-German

      Today, the 'German Year in India' came officially to a close at India Gate. At the same time, the new campaign #k GERmany was launched.

      At India Gate, German Ambassador to India Michael Steiner celebrated together with Lt. Governor Tejendra Khanna, famous Bollywood actress Gul Panag and the partners of the 'German Year in India'.

      At the centrestage: 600 students of German learning classes of the Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) schools who have participated in the “Germany in my mind” competition and designed school magazines in German.

      Ambassador Steiner revealed the prizes for the three best school magazines to the winning classes:

      The first prize: a flight from Delhi to Berlin and back in April and a one-week stay in Germany’s vibrant capital for the whole class plus teacher, co-sponsored by Lufthansa, the German National Tourist Office and the German Foreign Office. The winner class: KV AFS Tughlakabad Second Shift.

      The second prize: an air trip to for the whole class plus teacher to a high-tech production plant of BASF in India in order to visit the BASF kid’s lab. The winner class: KV Sikh Lines, Meerut.

      The third prize: 29 rucksacks with solar panels filled with goodies. The winner: KV AFS Tughlakabad First Shift.

      On this festive occasion and in order to celebrate more than sixty years of diplomatic relations between India and Germany, the India Gate was illuminated for the first time in the Indo-German colours.

      At India Gate, Ambassador Steiner stated:

      “The German Year in India was a fantastic year for the Indo-German friendship! With its flagship, the Urban Mela in five cities, and a blend of science, technology, culture and entertainment, the German Year in India has attracted one million people.

      I am convinced that we have reached the hearts of all these Indians. That is why India Gate – in the heart of the Indian capital – is exactly the right place to celebrate the conclusion of the German Year.

      But today, I also want to look ahead. I don’t see the conclusion of the German Year as an end. We don’t close the door, we open it. It’s just the beginning!

      We have chosen this day, 21 February, on purpose: It is the International UN Mother Language Day. A day to promote language diversity. A perfect day to kick off our new campaign #k GERmany! It will carry forward the Year of Germany in India by focusing on three fields of cooperation: German language, education and vocational training.

      With our new campaign we also promote our milestone project “German at 1000 schools” together with KV. It is the biggest programme of its kind worldwide! By 2017 one million students will have learned German in school!

      Language is the bridge between countries. It’s the enabler to exchange ideas, dreams, hopes and to ask questions. It helps to build your future. It literally gives you a voice. And we want this voice – your voice – to be heard in Germany. That is why we have started the competition “Germany in my mind”.

      Let’s carry this success forward. Let’s know more about each other, let’s see more from each other, let’s speak more with each other. It’s just klasse.”

      The ‘German Year in India,’ since its opening in 2011, has been a spectacular celebration of 60 years of Indo-German diplomatic ties. Reflecting a united vision in the fields of politics, business, science, culture and education, over 1000 events were organised. The centrepiece Indo-German Urban Mela travelled to five cities (Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Pune). Its beautiful pavilions attracting more than half a million visitors overall.

      The new campaign #k GERmany will carry forward the initiatives of the ‘German Year in India’, especially the German language. #k is an abbreviation for the German word ‘klasse’ and has a double meaning: (school) class as well as fantastic; the hashtag sign allows you to find it also on twitter.

      Under the initiative ‘Deutsch an 1000 Schulen’ (German in 1,000 schools), German is currently being introduced as foreign language at the KV schools in India. The project, which has been initiated by the Goether-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan with KV since September 2011 and is funded by the German Foreign Office, aims to take the language at all 1,090 schools of the KV association in India by the year 2017. The “Germany in my mind” competition, launched by Ambassador Steiner on 18 January, was another big push for the “German in 1,000 schools”.

      Earlier today, at the final day of the ‘German Year in India’, Ambassador Steiner had hosted the “First Indo-German Media Dialogue” on the topic “Germany united – Europe growing together – how stable is Asia? Perspectives from Germany and India” with panelists MJ Akbar (The Sunday Guardian), Dr. Martin Doerry (Der Spiegel) Siddharth Varadarajan (The Hindu) and Diana Zimmermann (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen – ZDF).

      For more info, log on to:
      www.india.diplo.de and www.facebook.com/germaninfo
      Follow us on Twitter @GermanyinIndia

      ADDRESS:Inline images 4