Death Penalty

  • vadlapudi kesavarao
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 21, 2013
      Dears All,
      I am one of those who feel that not only death penalty but also public flogging is urgently needed.Poisoned milk,food,exotocin injections to six year old girls to fatten them for prostitution,disfiguring,maiming and mutilating children or infants to put them on the roads for begging,routine demand for bribes,occupying and grabbing every vacant land, inflicting routine rape as life itself on kidnapped girls,fake drugs...,the list deserving death after flogging is very big.But on the independence day or Republic day we release these criminals on the society after they get extra training and contacts for more crimes in the jail itself! Thanks to cell phones,jails have become safe havens for building crime empires.The leader is guarded safely in the jail.Only death sentence after public flogging gives hope for India.
      V.Kesava Rao
    • Narendra Ch
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2013
        We need to consider issue of death penalty with out emotions. Whatever it may be, it is most degrading punishment, we may expect from a civilized state. No where in the world, various studies failed to establish that death penalty is deterrent to check crime. No evidence to show abolition of death penalty resulted in increase of crime rate or retention of death penalty led to fall in crime rate.

        Secondly, mostly those who failed to defense themselves in the court and spent huge amounts towards lawyer fees only getting death penalty or life sentences. Take example of Afzal Guru. As he depend upon the lawyer provided by the court, he was hanged. But Prof Gilani, who succeeded in getting good legal services on payment, able to escape from any punishment in the same case.

        I heard that President Abdul Kalam has referred to the Supreme Court in 2003 asking to study why about 90 per cent of people awarded death penalty or life sentences belongs to poor, marginalized and under-privileged sections of the society.

        If one to get bail from High Court in criminal cases by hiring comparatively good lawyer, need to spend Rs 5 lakh. If you want to engage high profile lawyer like Ram Jetmalani, one need to spend Rs 50 lakh to Rs 1 crore. Lawyers are now collecting huge fees on the basis of appearances. He/she should be paid for each time to attend the court, not as a whole amount for the entire case.

        In specific cases, opposing death penalty may attract high rate of emotions, but if we think it from human angle, we can realize how its most inhumane act.

        Ch.Narendra,
        Hyderabad

        On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Yeddanapudi markandeyulu <yeddanapudim@...> wrote:

        Dears All,
        It has become a fashion to say that death penalty is horrible and that it shall be removed from the statute books.At the same time we hear about a big begging mafia.The mafia kidnaps kids of two or three years, tortures them by branding,maiming and disfiguring to place them at key traffic points for begging.Can this horrible industry be eliminated without a death penalty?Why not these people meet the victims of acid attacks?I am really plagued by the question whether those fighting for civil rights are in fact fighting for escape routes to criminals,who continue to repeat the crimes after being reinforced by their routine escapes?Are these people fighting for civil rights or criminal's rights to commit crimes?
        Y.Markandeyulu

      • Yeddanapudi markandeyulu
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2013
          Dears All,
          Very clever arguments are advanced to help the horrible criminals continue their  career of atrocities through out their lives.Death penalty may not be a detterent,which I personally do not believe,but what about the sense of total injustice the victims suffer from?.If one's very dear daughter is kidnapped and disfigured for begging or put for prostitution,how do the parents,brothers,sisters and others close to the girl feel?.Does not their injury count at all?Have you ever met the victim of an acid attack, who before the attack was a very beautiful girl?How is the adulteration industry of fake drugs,carbide poisoned fruits,poison supplied as milk to be ended when people who are basically misanthropes or haters of mankind take over the entire socio-economy?I want to hear these people when the doctor tells them that they have developed cancer because of the poisoned fruit they ate and that their surgery involves permanent disfigurement.In Muslim countries the punishments are very severe and there is no crime at all.If you allow the criminals escape,then don't blame anyone if you lose your eyes due to a bomb placed in the bus you boarded.You will have your life time to tell why the criminals shall be fed at public expense for the rest of their very long criminal lives as life convicts.
          Y.Markandeyulu
        • vadlapudi kesavarao
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2013
            Sir,
            Your argument is not against the death penalty but against the hi-jacking of our courts by five star lawyers.These lawyers who help the horrible criminals escape also do lot of moral preaching and sport honesty on TV channels.Let me tell you,these lawyers can convince in any court that the planet earth does not exist and that we are not living in the solar system.They are experts in obfuscating.
            V.Kesava Rao
          • Suryanarayana Ambadipudi

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 19, 2013

                Death Penalty

                The arguments advanced by those pleading for the abolition of the death penalty are misplaced. How does one feel, when one’s five year old daughter is raped and killed? How does one feel when the most beautiful girl, one’s own daughter lights up the house every second is horribly disfigured by an acid attack?

                How does one feel when one’s son is kidnapped and sacrificed for some devil to get some hidden wealth?

                The main and really the only question is how do the family members or those very near the victim suffer as a result of the crime?

                They shall be given at least some justice, so that their terrible suffering will be reduced to some extent. In Countries like Saudi Arabia where the executions are carried out publicly, the crime rate is very low.

                There is every justification to give terrible pain to the criminals before they are put to death.

                How does one feel when the criminal struts happily after release because the Nethas want those criminals for elections and so release them say on the Independence Day or republic day.