German Movie Night:: Emma's Bliss on 22nd Feb, 18 hrs and Information from the German Embassy: 'German Year in India' off - #k GERmany on'

  • Programs Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad

      invites you to
      German Movie Night

      Emma’s Glück/ Emma’s Bliss

      Director: Sven Taddicken, colour, 103 min., 2006

      German film with English subtitles

       Inline images 1

      Max does not have long to live. He wants to spend his last few days far away. When he winds up on the farm of the headstrong pig breeder Emma after an accident, he learns that real happiness is closer than he thought.

      on: Friday, February 22nd  2013

      at: 18:00 hrs
      Venue: Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad

      20 Journalist Colony, Road no. 3 Banjara Hills

      Open to all / 16 yrs+

      For further info:  040-23350473 or monika.hirmer@...

      Inline images 1
      Inline images 2

      Press Release

      Date: 19.02.2013

      ADDRESS:

      6/50 Shanti Path, Chanakyapuri,

      New Delhi 110 021

      TEL (Delhi) + (0091-11) 4419 9135

      FAX +(0091-11) 2687 18 31

      pr-11@...

      www.india.diplo.de

      ‘German Year in India’ off - #k GERmany on!

      This Thursday, 21 February, the 'German Year in India' will officially come to a close at India Gate Lawns. At the same time, the new campaign “#k GERmany” will be launched.

      Ambassador Michael Steiner will celebrate this together with Lt. Governor Tejendra Khanna, famous Bollywood actress Gul Panag and the partners of the 'German Year in India'.

      With them at India Gate: several hundred students of German learning classes of the Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) schools having participated in the “Germany in my mind” competition as well as classes of the “partner of the future” schools (PASCH) of the German Government.

      The event will be moderated by Sunit Tandon.

      Ahead of the festive event, Ambassador Steiner said:

      “The results of the German Year in India are truly remarkable: Five Indo German Urban Melas with more than half a million visitors. In addition, hundreds of exhibitions, festivals and panels all over the country. A new German House for Science and Research in Delhi. Countless new contacts between India and Germany. A fantastic media resonance. We were right when saying: Germany and India – infinite opportunities.

      But we do not only look back, but also ahead. We want to make our initiatives sustainable – even without the spotlights of the German Year in India. In 2013 our focus will be on education, on training, on language.

      One of our milestone projects is “German in 1.000 schools”. Together with KV, we foster German as foreign language in all KV schools in India. Our goal: By 2017, one million Indian students will have learned at least basic German. So far, this language campaign has been an incredible success. 300 schools have already introduced German, the classes are overrun. I have been to KV schools in Delhi, Lucknow and elsewhere – wherever I went, I met open-minded, talented students eager to learn German. They know: Language is an asset and a ticket to go global.

      Let's celebrate this. This Thursday. At India Gate. With our new campaign “#k GERmany”. With hundreds of KV and PASCH students, Lt. Governor Khanna and famous actress Gul Panag, a smart and very likeable KV alumni. #klasse!”

      The festive event at India Gate celebrates the final day of the ‘German Year in India’. On this occasion, the India Gate will be illuminated in the Indo-German colours. The ‘German Year in India,’ since its opening in September 2011, has been a spectacular celebration of 60 years of Indo-German diplomatic ties. Reflecting a united vision in the fields of politics, business, science, culture and education, over 1000 events were organized. The centrepiece Indo-German Urban Mela, that travelled to five cities (Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Pune) touched over five lakh fifty thousand (5,50,000) people.

      At the same time, the new campaign #k GERmany will be launched in order to carry forward the initiatives of the ‘German Year in India’, especially the German language. #k is an abbreviation for the German word ‘klasse’ and has a double meaning: (school) class as well as fantastic; the hashtag sign allows you to find it also on twitter.

      Under the initiative ‘Deutsch an 1000 Schulen’ (German in 1,000 schools), German is currently being introduced as foreign language at the KV schools in India. The project, which has been initiated by the Goether-Institut/Max Mueller Bhavan with the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan since September 2011 and is funded by the German Foreign Office, aims to take the language at all 1.090 schools of the KV association in India by the year 2017.

      Launched by Ambassador Steiner on January 18, the competition ‘Germany in my mind’ is a big push to promote the German language at KV schools. As part of the competition, students had to design and compile a school magazine in German. The winning class will be awarded with an amazing prize at India Gate this Thursday.

      As a run-up to the event at India Gate, Ambassador Steiner will host “The Art of Der Spiegel” exhibition in the presence of Deputy Editor in Chief of ‘Der Spiegel’, Dr. Martin Doerry, on February 20 at 7 pm at the ‘Blue Hall’.

      Furthermore, on the final day of the ‘German Year in India’, 21 February at 12 noon, Ambassador Steiner will host the “First Indo-German Media Dialogue” on the topic “Germany united – Europe growing together – how stable is Asia? Perspectives from Germany and India” with panelists MJ Akbar (The Sunday Guardian), Dr. Martin Doerry (Der Spiegel) Siddharth Varadarajan (The Hindu) and Diana Zimmermann (Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen – ZDF).

      For more info, log on to:
      www.india.diplo.de and www.facebook.com/germaninfo

      Follow us on Twitter @GermanyinIndia

      --