Awareness session - Nutritional Rehabilitation Center(NRCs) for Children with Severe Acute Malnutrition(SAM) - 13th December(Thursday)

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2012

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: gunaranjan
      Date: Saturday, December 8, 2012
      Subject: Awareness session - Nutritional Rehabilitation Center(NRCs) for Children with Severe Acute Malnutrition(SAM) - 13th December(Thursday)

      Dear All,

      Sub: Awareness session - Nutritional Rehabilitation Center(NRCs) for Children with Severe Acute Malnutrition(SAM).

      UC ( www.yousee.in ) has been facilitating a few volunteer activities at Gandhi Hospital, Secunderabad. In the course of our activities at Gandhi Hospital, we have learnt about the NRC (Nutritional Rehabilitation Center) facility at the Gandhi Hospital. The NRC facility at Gandhi Hospital has been started three months ago. Gandhi Hospital is also the state nodal center for another 30 upcoming NRCs across the state. These NRCs are being set up under the NRHM(National Rural Health Mission) program to provide treatment to Severe Acute Malnutrition(SAM) cases among children under five years of age. The Doctors at the Paediatrics Department of Gandhi Hospital are keen to spread awareness about SAM among NGOs working with children and those working with poor communities, so that NGO staff can help in identifying children with SAM and bring them for treatment at the NRCs. The Doctors have conveyed their interest to conduct a brief session about SAM and how to identify SAM cases for interested NGO staff at Gandhi Hospital. This session will be conducted on 13th December(Thursday), from 12:00pm to 1:00pm, at the Department of Paediatrics, Gandhi Hospital.

      In this connection, I would like to invite response from any NGO who may want to participate in such a session. I would also request you to share this information with other social work organisations for whom this may be relevant.

      Regards,

      Gunaranjan

      Mobile: +91-9000183123

      --