Re: [paniit-sociopolitical] Fundamental right being encroached upon

  • SGC Enterprises
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2009
      Uma mahesh
      thank you for the insight on the subject .
      can we  work on this  through Lok satta .JP to represent our case in the AP legislature to ensure that the amendment  i snot passed blindly without debate overriding the Fundamental rights and teh constituitonal provisions as clearly pointed out by you here .

      Awaiting your further inputs here  ..lets be proactive ..please call me and lest discuss/act .
      regards
      Sanjay Gadhalay

      On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 10:53 AM, umamahesh mudigonda <umamaheshm@...> wrote:

      The proposed ammendment to AP registration of socieites act encroaches the following highlihted fundamental right provisioned in the constitiution of India.

      If the proposed bill becomes a law, even PAN IIT can be governed by a govt appointed incharge person for 3  years !!

       Right to Freedom
      19.
      (1) All citizens shall have the right—
      (
      a) to freedom of speech and expression;
      (
      b) to assemble peaceably and without arms;
      (
      c) to form associations or unions;
      (
      d) to move freely throughout the territory of India;
      (
      e) to reside and settle in any part of the territory
      of India;
      1[and]
      2
      * * * * *
      (
      g) to practise any profession, or to carry on any
      occupation, trade or business.
      3
      [(2) Nothing in sub-clause (a) of clause (1) shall affect
      the operation of any existing law, or prevent the State
      from making any law, in so far as such law imposes
      reasonable restrictions on the exercise of the right
      conferred by the said sub-clause in the interests of
      4[the
      sovereignty and integrity of India,] the security of the
      State, friendly relations with foreign States, public order,
      decency or morality, or in relation to contempt of court,
      defamation or incitement to an offence.]
      (3) Nothing in sub-clause (
      b) of the said clause shall
      affect the operation of any existing law in so far as it
      imposes, or prevent the State from making any law
      imposing, in the interests of
      4[the sovereignty and integrity
      of India or] public order, reasonable restrictions on the
      exercise of the right conferred by the said sub-clause.
      (4) Nothing in sub-clause (
      c) of the said clause shall
      affect the operation of any existing law in so far as it
      imposes, or prevent the State from making any law
      imposing, in the interests of
      4[the sovereignty and
      integrity of India or] public order or morality, reasonable
      restrictions on the exercise of the right conferred by the
      said sub-clause
      .
      (5) Nothing in
      1[sub-clauses (d) and (e)] of the said
      clause shall affect the operation of any existing law in so
      far as it imposes, or prevent the State from making any
      law imposing, reasonable restrictions on the exercise of
      any of the rights conferred by the said sub-clauses either
      in the interests of the general public or for the protection
      of the interests of any Scheduled Tribe.

      See the Web's breaking stories, chosen by people like you. Check out Yahoo! Buzz.

      Warm regards ,

      Sanjay Gadhalay
      Managing Consultant and COO
      SGC Enterprises
      skype & IM(yahoo)   :sg_europe_de

      http://www.linkedin.com/in/sgcenterprises

      Success is never final. Failure is never fatal. Courage is what counts.
          -Sir Winston Churchill
      Addresses and contact details :
      71 AWHO Colony Sector A  , Secunderabad .India  500009
      Mobile: +(91)98494 54569      Telefax: +(91) 40 27842607     Email: sgadhalay@... & sgc.enterprises.ind@...