Workshop with civil society on 7Nov12, Hyderabad

  • Thiagarajan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2012
      Courtesy: APEC

      Chetana society <water.chetana@...>

      Nov 05 09:10PM +0530

      Dear Friends,

      We invite you to a one day long meeting on* **"Civil Society Participation
      in Hyderabad Water Governance: Need, Methods and Strategies"*,

      Date & Time: *Wednesday 7th November, 2012 from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm *
      Venue: *Centre for Economic and Social Studies (CESS) - *Conference Hall,
      first floor, main building,
      Ameerpet, near Lal Banglaw, lane adjacent to VIP showroom, Hyderabad.

      Water and sanitation is a public concern in Hyderabad. It is an issue which
      affects every citizen of Hyderabad, directly, in various ways, including
      health and life. Civil society, through various organisations, in Hyderabad
      is working with various communities and target groups, including children,
      old persons, Dalits, women, etc. Each of these communities do face problems
      related to water and sanitation, wherever they reside and work.

      In recent years, governance and administration related to water,
      sanitation, sewerage and urban waste management has been under focus due to
      water shortages, low or bad quality, negligence, increasing demand on
      services, etc.. Joint Action of Water (JAW) is a platform for NGOs
      established by Chetana Society, with support from Water Aid. JAW has been
      trying to increase awareness on water and sanitation issues among poor
      people of Hyderabad, with the primary aim of increasing their voices in
      decisions and policies on water and sanitation.

      Civil Society, especially NGO sector, has an important role in enabling the
      participation of poor people in water governance. A few volunteers,
      voluntary organisations and NGOs are already working separately and through
      networks in addressing water shortages and water resources degradation.
      More and wider efforts are needed to increase the scope for poor
      and disadvantaged sections of city residents to include their interests in
      water and sanitation.

      In view of this, Chetana Society and JAW are jointly organising a one day
      workshop to enable learning and subsequent joint action on water and
      sanitation in Hyderabad. We invite you to participate in this workshop. We
      also encourage you to invite like-minded individuals belonging to different
      organisations.

      *You can contact: Sri. B. Narsing Rao at mobile: 9704 33 2226*

      Looking forward to your participation and encouraging response.

      With best regards.

      *Udaya Kandlakunta*
      Chief Project Coordinator
    • Thiagarajan