The big blunder--Anna

  • vadlapudi kesavarao
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 10:54 AM
      Dears All,
      Anna's foray into politics will undo the entire anti corruption crusade.It will be the enactment of Jaya Prakash Narayan's Lok Satta on a very large scale.What most people do not realise is, that most voters eagerly wait for the buyers of their votes.They expect loans without interest,escape from paying back that loan and another loan with the previous loan written off,free electricity,free education,scholarship payments to their children's education,though the students do not bother to study,regularization of the land grabbed,free housing,free land--their greed  is deliberately stoked,free TV sets,the list is ever growing.Can Anna's party get votes at all?The people in general want to be bribed continuously.The Lok Satta,as long as it confined itself to the eradication of corruption as a non political set up, carried lot of weight.In the next general election there is no scope even for Jaya Prakash Narayan to get elected.Elections mean spending crores of rupees to bribe the voters.That is why we get mainly crooks as winners in elections.An ordinary voter today is corrupt.He elects only corrupt people.As is reported usually but incorrectly,most weaker sections are no longer weak.The humble cobbler of yesterday is today a very rich proprietor of a shoe making unit.Today the barbers own Fashion saloons.Electricians,plumbers,tailors,mechanics...every craftsman today is rich.The humble looking cleaner of drainage blocakage makes at least two thousand rupees every day.The so called poverty of many sections is more political stance but they are very rich and prosperous.Can team Anna do vote banking,the fundamental first step in today's elections?Can it get votes by fielding honest and automatically not very rich people?We are going to witness a very big tragedy.
      V.Kesavarao
    • Amar singh
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5 12:01 PM
        Sir,
        If you think scams and corruption are the part of system, then it is ok,
        Please give some solution, if you are against the corruption.

        We should not leave hope

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5 8:26 PM
          Expecting freebies without long term vision of the situation is the result of ignorance and lack of hope in the system. If they can be educated as regards the benefits of giving up the freebies now, for an assured benefits over the years, people will surely support.

          Loksatta will lose because the constituency is not doing any better than any other place. There could have been organised efforts in the constituency by the people led by leaders, in public, social and economic sectors of the constituency.If people had seen at least the efforts this term, they would have surely reelected. As a passerby in the area, occassionally,I surely look if things are any better,but am disappointed. I haven't still lost hope and would like to hear if there have been any efforts and how they yielded in the last few years from the residents themselves.

          I notice a systematic dissolution of any good that is attempted by the interested parties. If only we could support the modest efforts made, and we are supported by even a little good by the groups themselves we will not be disheartened.

          I support Annas party and hope many would do too.

          Usha Boppana

          From: Amar singh <amarsinghdevo@...>;

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 6 8:14 AM
            Dears All,
            How are we educate 120 crore people in stampede for money,freebies,concessions,reservations,big price for vote,governed by superstitions,ignorance,can be led easily by any metha, accustomed to paying bribes,small cadre employees casually treating bribe as normal regular income etc?The Lok Satta party of Jayaprakash Narayan also started with idealistic fervor.Jaya Prakash was physically assaulted by a goonda right in the Assembly and the MLAs resolved to let that goonda go Scot free, because he is supposed to be not rich!Voter bribing,vote banking,vote buying,impersonation,deletion of large chunks of names from the voters list at he last moment as they may vote against a particular netha,my God, the list is very long.Anna is trying to fight an enemy with nuclear weapons, with arrows.
            V.Kesavarao