Goethe-Zentrum invites you to celebrate WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY 2012!

  • Monika Hirmer
    Message 1 of 1 , May 29, 2012

      The Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad, as part of our Grand Opening Week, along with Hyderabad Goes Green, Organic Express and the Public Service Broadcasting Trust are happy to present:

      Inline images 1

      WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY 2012

      at the Goethe-Zentrum

      Screening of:

      Earth Witness: Reflections on the Times and Timelessness

      "The visually powerful film takes us to Nagaland, Kutch, the Ganges Delta and the thick forests of central India. With evocative cinematic techniques, it effectively narrates the story of four people hailing from these four diverse geographical regions in India and their confrontation with climate change. This glorious film explains, via lucid visuals and narrative grammar, how Earth's greatest challenge impacts simple villagers and their daily lives. A must watch."

      Award Jury, 6th CMS Vatavaran Environment & Wildlife Film Festival 2011

      Followed by a panel discussion with director

      Akanksha Joshi

      as well as guests

      Nina Osswald

      T. Vijayendra

      On

      World Environment Day 2012 - June 5th

      At

      18:00 hrs

      Environment Mela

      Including

      13:00 -16:00 hrs Eco-Friendly-Lifestyle Exhibition

      (featuring prominent Hyderabadi environment groups and sale of green-products)

      .

      .

      .

      For your kids

      11:00 hrs Natural-DyeBatik Session

      Please bring old cotton handkerchiefs or similar item for tie-dying.

      Come early - limited places available!

      13:30 hrs Films about the Earth and our Environment

      .

      .

      .

      11:00 hrs Green-Cooking-Demo

      with Nina Osswald, Geographer and Organic Food Expert. Learn how to prepare a delicious, healthy

      AND eco-friendly, vegan meal and snacks.

      4-course lunch included!

      Register until 05.June at intern@... for only INR 350/-

      .

      .

      .

      OPEN TO ALL

      13:30 hrs Cities of Tomorrow

      Seminar on sustainable living in India’s cities and villages

      by author and environmentalist T. Vijayendra

      14:30 hrs Composting Workshop

      by local eco-activists Hyderabad Goes Green.

      On

      Sunday June 10th

      Venue

      Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad

      For questions and registrations please contact

      Catherine Craven intern@...

      --

      Monika Hirmer Programme Coordinator

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Db4uRnLZP2I