DON'T GIVE BRIBE, PAY THE PENALTY AND DEMAND RECEIPT

  • Thiagarajan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2012
      DON'T GIVE BRIBE, PAY THE PENALTY AND DEMAND RECEIPT
      Posted by: "karmayog" info@...
      Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:11 am (PST)

      Subject: DONT GIVE BRIBE,PAY THE PENALTY AND DEMAND RECEIPT
      Main Point: Real incident DONT GIVE BRIBE... PAY THE PENALTY AND DEMAND FOR THE RECEIPT

      Category of Topic: Anti-Corruption

      Dear friends,

      Yesterday, Jan 30, 2012. One of my friend named Omkar Gujar, He was travelling from KK Nagar to Tambaram, at Udayam Theatre Signal by evening around 7:30 PM, He crossed the stop line without noticing the red signal and caught by the Traffic Policemen (TP). Initially, TP asked about him and started saying that he is roaming all day on roads and he can't keep paying the penalty at all signal. So, pay Rs. 350/- and leave the place. In fact the penalty for signal violation is only Rs. 100.

      He said that he is ready to pay the penalty on spot and asked for the receipt. The policemen said he doesn't carry a receipt book or the POS device that generates e-receipt. Pay the minimum penalty and also added you were over speed in your driving. Omkar demanded him to give the receipt for the amount I m paying but he regretted. The policemen called someone and said about the situation and reverted back to Omkar saying " I spoke to our SI, he said collect just Rs. 350 and leave the guy, if you don't have money I will raise a note and you pay the full amount in court". Omkar said "I have money and I m ready to pay the spot fine but give me the receipt".

      He again called someone repeated the same and reverted to me saying, I spoke the person who is standing in the next signal (i.e KASI THEATRE SIGNAL), pay the amount here and collect your receipt from him. Omkar said I will pay there and collect the receipt also from him. First, he didn't accept later he said ok go there and pay. Omkar went to Kasi theatre signal, parked his bike aside and went to Mr. Vincent, the policemen on duty there and said, sir, I was caught in udayam signal and the policemen said to pay the penalty and collect the receipt from you, even he called you and spoke over the phone a while ago. He said, I didn't receive any call from him. Omkar again reconfirmed with him the penalty for signal violation and over speeding and started back to Udayam Signal.

      Omkar went to udayam signal and said to him, Sir, that policemen said he can't collect the penalty for your signal and can't raise the receipt too. The policemen started shouting at Omkar using kind of local slang saying what you are going to do. DID I ASK YOU ANY BRIBE???Omkar coolly said, Sir I didn't say that you asked me the bribe. I just asked the receipt for Rs. 350 which you said is the penalty for signal violation. GIVE THE RECEIPT I AM READY TO PAY WHATEVER AMOUNT IS MENTIONED IN THE RECEIPT. Then he saw IAC TAG on my bag and all a sudden he started saying Omkar as SIR and said you don't have to pay the penalty sir. SORRY SIR, PLEASE LEAVE THE PLACE IT'S GETTING TRAFFIC.

      At the end, his argument ended with paying nothing and making the policemen realize that the common man has started to strike back.

      My Request to all of you friends: "DONT GIVE BRIBE... PAY THE PENALTY AND DEMAND FOR THE RECEIPT"

      Thanks,
      Sureshkumar M,
      "A single unhesitating positive action is thousand times more powerful than hundred good intention".

      Name: Sureshkumar M
      Location: Chennai
      Email: thirusureshkumar@...