Launched: Online Braille Library

  • Thiagarajan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2012
      Tanya Mahajan - Karmayog

      http://www.oblindia.org/en/login

      Launched Online Braille Library on World Braille Day 4th Jan 2011

      Site Guide

      BROWSE
      Browse Subject
      Search for your preferred subjects in our vast collection of books. All the
      books on our site have been categorized by subject and can be found here.

      Browse Author
      A list of all authors and their books which are available here. Find all the
      books by your favorite author.

      NIVH Catalogue
      Combined list of all the books available from NIVH.

      LIBRARY
      Look for anything you want with a keyword search of the entire site. It is a
      general search tool with which you can search for books, authors or a word
      that may be associated with the book.

      Most Popular
      Here you can find the most popular books on our site. Popularity of a book
      is based on the number of users who have read that book.

      Recently Uploaded
      Here you can check out the most recent additions to our site. Find the
      latest books and articles that have been uploaded.

      My Downloads
      All your downloaded files are listed here.
    • Thiagarajan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
        Re: Launched: Online Braille Library
        Posted by: "G.C. Mathur" gcmbinty@... gcmbinty
        Wed Jan 4, 2012 10:50 pm (PST)

        It gives me a pleasure to inform you that my organisation, Binty, has converted the ink texts of Consumer Protection Act, 1986 (Amended)
        into Braille and DAISY formats and soon the audio-visual format will be available on the website of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Government of India who have been great exponent of the cause. Copies are available in all the offices of State Commissions and most of the District Forums while for the rest these are being readied.

        RBI Banking Customer Service documents are also under conversion into Braille and DAISY by Binty. Soon these will be released for the visually impaired consumers.

        It will not be out of place to mention here that advocates among visually impaired must come forward and organise themselves as Consumer Organisations and start taking up cases against unfair business deals with the fellow consumers.

        G C Mathur
        Convenor-Trustee Treasurer, Binty
        ( A Voluntary Consumer Organisation)
        Regd. Office: H No 9-B/9, 1st Floor