Re: [karmayog-chennai] Discount for senior citizens

  • seshu kumar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2012
      Sri Murthy Garu,

      It was a nice move to let the senior citizens have some discounts on purchases.

      As a new year initiatitve we would like to offer discount on all our solar products range to the extent of 5%. Either you buy online or offline the 5% cash will be credited to your bank account.

      This is a genuine offer and can be had through our website www.srisms.com For details contact us.

      We Wish You All A Happy And Prosperous New Year 2012.

      Regards,

      Kumar

      On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Padmanabha Vyasamoorthy <vyasamoorthy@...> wrote:

      Discounts for Senior Citizens

      In the west, It is a common practice for business houses, manufacturers and traders to offer discounts to senior citizens. Many times even proof that the buyer is a senior citizen (ID card showing age proof) is not insisted upon.However in India this concept is yet to take roots. Offering discounts, rebates, concessions for older people serves two purposes: Traders are helping a community / group of persons who will highly appreciate such gestures because senior citizens have limited financial resources. Looking at it another way, the segment of senior citizens, especially pensioners, are relatively well off. They have time and leisure and wherewithal to spend on travel, entertainment etc. More so as a result of their wards settling abroad earning good income. Therefore encouraging traders to offer discounts to elders will benefit all.

      I have started a blog exclusively to announce / inform elders about such discounts and rebates. The listings are limited to India and Indians. The URL is:

      Kindly inform anyone who you think will benefit by this new blog. Thanks, a million thanks.

      Dr P Vyasamoorthy, 30 Gruhalakshmi Colony Secunderabad 500015 Ph 040-27846631 / 9490804278.My blog: http://vyasa-kaaranam-ketkadey.blogspot.com/
      I have started a third blog:  http://seniorcitizensdiscounts.blogspot.com/

      --
      www.srisms.com