Re: Short courses on SPSS, SAS, R, Excel, Research methods, Stata, Grant writing

  • karmayog.org
    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 11:29 PM

      Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:50 AM
      Subject: Short courses on SPSS, SAS, R, Excel, Research methods, Stata, Grant writing

      Dear Karmayog,
       Kindly forward this message to any NGOs who are interested to undertake the course.

       We are offering some short professional courses at IIPH-Hyderabad this summer. These course modules are being promoted with an aim to give the learners an opportunity to understand, apply, analyze, and evaluate their critical thinking in the field of research with special emphasis on development of soft skills. Working professionals hard pressed for time, students interested in learning programming skills in their respective domain areas, academicians and research staff willing to hone their conceptual skills will find the summer courses especially beneficial.

        The week long programming courses in SAS, SPSS, Stata, Excel are aimed at giving working professionals and fresh graduates an edge for career advancement. With a vision to promote open source learning, we are conducting programming skills on R coupled with the theory behind quantitative methods.

        The health research methods workshop is being conducted with a mandate to promote sound understanding of both qualitative and quantitative methods for analyzing the data, which grass root researchers so rigorously collect. Researchers will also gain an advantage from the grant proposal writing workshop which will explain the various sources of funding, the key successful steps to gain the funding required and key components of a successful grant proposal.

        The summer institute will start from June 1st 2009; I have attached the course catalog for your information and would request you  all to please forward to all prospective applicants in your network.

       With Best Regards,

       Dr Sathyanarayana

       Indian Institute of Public Health-Hyderabad

      Public Health Foundation of India

      Opposite Nalanda Junior College

      Vengalrao Nagar

      Hyderabad. 500038