RE: [karmayog-hyd] Welcome to Karmayog-hyd discussion group

  • Parveen, Shazia
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 16, 2009

      Thanks a lot for making me a part of this wondrous group. The things discussed in this forum are those that we always think about but somehow don’t get a chance to act upon but using this forum, I think we should collectively be able to make the difference.

      Just wanted to mention one thing along. There are some organizations, old age homes & special schools which are all working towards betterment of society as a whole & are doing a commendable job. At the same time there are also people who live below the poverty line whom we can find on signals, temples, mosques, some pavements, etc., who live in deplorable conditions & the sight of whom all is very disheartening. Can we not form a group & take charge of different places & ensure that we shift all these much needy & deserving people to such homes where at least they get ample shelter, food & clothing. I am not sure if this is a feasible/practical solution or not. It is just a thought that may be this unified approach of synergism will help in bridging the wide gap between masses & can lead to a better society. It also helps in addressing the issue which some people prefer to term as beggar menace.

      Regards,

      Shazia Parveen.