Fwd: <7th Oct: 9:30 AM - 2 PM>Hyderabad City Dialogue on Air Quality and Transportation @ Sanath Nagar

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2010
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Prasanthi Uppalapati <prasanthi.uppalapati@...>
      Date: Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 1:16 AM
      Subject: <7th Oct: 9:30 AM - 2 PM>Hyderabad City Dialogue on Air Quality and Transportation @ Sanath Nagar

      Hyderabad City Dialogue on Air Quality and Transportation Challenge: An Agenda For Action

      Organised by:

      Andhra Pradesh Pollution Control Board and Centre for Science and Environment, New Delhi

      October 07, 2010 9.30 AM for Half-a-day till 2.00 pm followed by refreshments

      Venue: APPCB Auditorium, Paryavaran Bhavan, A-3, Industrial Estate, Sanatnagar, Hyderabad

      New Delhi based Centre for Science and Environment in collaboration with the Andhra Pradesh State Pollution Control Board is jointly organizing a half a day event -- Hyderabad City Dialogue on Air quality and transportation challenge: An agenda for actionon October 07, 2010 at 9.30 am in APPCB auditorium at Paryavaran Bhavan, A-3, Industrial Estate, Sanatnagar, Hyderabad.

      This is part of our ongoing effort to engage with the policy makers to strengthen the policy action on clean air and public health as well as urban mobility in our cities and raise public awareness. It is very encouraging to know that Hyderabad has already planned and implemented a variety of measures to reduce air pollution and is on its way to evolve the next generation policy measures. This dialogue forum will help to capture the learning in our cities, and help to evolve strategies for policy action.

      This collaborative workshop will bring together the key regulators and policy makers from the city, experts, civil society groups and industry representatives who are involved with city governance, air pollution and transportation policies. This will also be an opportunity to share our experiences and lessons from Delhi and other cities as well.

      The objective is to find ways to address critical issues of common concerns and look at a range of strategies for air quality management; public health protection; and the challenges of public transport and congestion reduction strategies. Solutions can emerge from deeper understanding of our mutual concerns, the diversity of issues, and, implementation challenges in our cities.

      Your participation in the workshop will help to set the terms of the debate for the future roadmap in our cities.  We will be very happy to hear from you. You may send a line of confirmation to my colleague Vivek Chattopadhyaya (vivek@...), who is coordinating this event.

      --
      Dr. C. Ramachandraiah
      Professor in Urban Studies

      There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest, - Elie Wiesel (Nobel Peace Prize Lecture, December 11, 1986).

      --
      Thank you.

      with regards,
      PRASANTHI.