Fw: {APEC} requesting for your inputs in the report on APEC ONE YEAR LEARNINGS

  • gonuguntla kondala rao
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2010

      Dear Madam,

      It is highly appreciable that you are taking proactive initiatives for furthering the cause of the environment on the occasion of World Environment Day.

      HEARTS thinks that water and energy assume critical importance in addition to solid waste management. The following actions are very simple no cost actions.

      On water saving, we can adopt a 6-pt programme.

      1. Arrest leaks from every household tap.
      2. Don't use running tap or shower. Use mug for brushing, bathing etc.
      3. Use dual flush cisterns in toilets. They will save 75% water.
      4. Construct RWH and Ground water recharing structures. Provide separate plumbing for recycled water.
      5. Don't use hose pipe fed by pump. Use mug, bucket and cloth for washing cars, houses etc.
      6. Make it a point to create awareness of need for water conservation at least in your lane.

      For energy saving, the 5 pt plan is:

      1. Put off lights, fans, AC etc. when not needed or when we go out.
      2. Use LED/CFL lamps in stead of incandescent or fluoroscent lamps
      3. Use electronic regulators for fans
      4. Use only BEE 5 star rated electrical appliances
      5. Use T-5 (28W) lamps in stead of T-12 (40W) lamps. Alert the municipal authorities when energy is wasted.
      6. Make it a point to create awareness of need for energy conservation at least in your lane.

       On Fuel saving, the 6-point plan is:

      1. Use clutch sparingly only while changing gears
      2. Always keep both the tyres filled with air as recommended.
      3. When you have to wait for more than 15 seconds at road junctions, put off the engine.
      4. Purchase only Bharat stage 4 vehicles. They save considerable fuel and emit less pollutants
      5. Always drive between 45-55 km/hr.
      6. Make it a point to create awareness of need for fuel saving at least in your lane.

      We thank you for giving us the opportunity to share our concerns.

      Warm regards
      GKRao
      HEARTS

      Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 13:05:56 +0530
      Subject: {APEC} requesting for your inputs in the report on APEC ONE YEAR LEARNINGS
      From: apccfenv@...
      To: apenvconnect@...

      Dear friends

      By April 22 nd 2010 our Network members  has one year experience of sharing the Platform to contribute our little bit for creation of a better Environment. I am personally thankful to all of you for your valuable contributions in terms of Ideas ,Actions , and Experience and Knowledge sharing by all the Esteemed Members.
      I am planning release a compendium of one year learnings in a document which will be available to all of us in print and Electronic form.    In this connection, I request you send your experience / opinion/ views for publishing in the compendium which will be relesed on EARTH DAY2010.
       IT IS ALSO REQUESTED TO SEND YOUR PHOTO WITH COMPLETE ADDRESS. YOUR WRITE UP SHOULD NOT EXCEED  50-100  WORDS. Please send your reply before 10-04-2010 so that  I will include it in the document.
      Please send write up to
      apccfenv@...
      --
      With Regards