who let the politicians out....

  • rachna gupta
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2009
      JAI HIND Vaishnavi Prasad!!

      We are a nation rapidly getting disoriented, looking away from real substance, real values, and rapidly adopting the inane and the superficial. This is getting to be a way of life with more and more of the younger generation. To our disoriented minds, our heroes are not the brave, not the sincere, not the hardworking, not the true and honest. Amazingly the '  filmi ' hero has taken over, the corrupt politician and bureaucrat has become the epitome of succcess and the icon for worship.

      a thought: with regard to the awareness about the armed forces, why dont we have a system where every 16 year old gets to compulsarily train in military/police service for 6 months or a year, not only to ingrain a sense of discipline, but also so that they can appreciate the worth of the soldier.