WEEKLY ENGAGEMENTS - Movie Screenings, Panel Discussion, Theatre Plays, Breast Cancer Awareness

  • Merle Plachta
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2014
      Dear Press Friends,

      this week at Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad we will try out something entirely new!

      Our highlight this week:
      We are hosting the three-day-event MY SPACE - YOUR SPACE on "Women in Public Spaces" at Hyderabad's City Centre Mall - in movie screenings and theatre plays we will address women's issues in our society. The concluding Panel Discussion on Saturday features the most powerful voices of the city:

      Vasudha Nagraj (Lawyer), Jameela Nishat (Activist, Poet), Tejaswini Madabhushi (Social Activist), Kranti Rana (DCP, Cyberabad Commissionerate), Usha Raman (Dean, Media & Communications, University of Hyderanad / Moderator)

      Please publish our events below in your engagement columns!

      Thank you!
      Danke!

      --
      Merle Plachta
      Programme Coordinator

      M merle.plachta@...
      T +91 40 23350473

      www.goethe.de/hyderabad

      MY SPACE - YOUR SPACE
      City Centre Mall Hyderabad

      THU,
      20 March 2014, 2-9 pm
      PUBLIC MOVIE SCREENINGS ON WOMEN‘S ISSUES

      FRI, 21 March 2014,
       2-9 pm
      PUBLIC MOVIE SCREENINGS ON WOMEN‘S ISSUES

      SAT,
      22 March 2014,
      2-6 pm
      PUBLIC MOVIE SCREENINGS ON WOMEN‘S ISSUES

      6.30 - 7.00 pm
      PLAY PERFORMANCE
      DADDY‘S LITTLE GIRL

      7.00 - 8.30 pm
      PANEL DISCUSSION
      on Women in Public Spaces

      Saturday‘s Panel features some of the most powerful voices in the city:

      Vasudha Nagraj (Lawyer), Jameela Nishat (Activist, Poet), Tejaswini Madabhushi (Social Activist), Kranti Rana (DCP, Cyberabad Commissionerate), Usha Raman (Dean, Media & Communications, University of Hyderanad / Moderator)

      Inline-Bild 1

      CANDLES IN THE WIND
      POINT OF VIEW
      Movie Screening on agricultural crisis affecting farmers in Punjab
      Director: Anwar Jamal | Producer: Rasil Basu
      66 min | 2010  | India
      SAT, 22 March 2014, 6 pm
      Programme Hall, Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad

      OPEN TO ALL - THE ENTRY IS FREE

      Inline-Bild 3

      SYMPOSIUM ON BREAST HEALTH
      Breast Health - Myths & Facts (Dr. P. Raghuram)
      Breast Cancer - Just a Page in my Life (Ms Ananda Shankar Jayant)
      MON, 24 March, 11.30 - 13.00
      Programme Hall, Goethe-Zentrum Hyderabad

      Inline-Bild 4

      THE STORM WITHIN...STORIES OF ABUSE
      An English Play by Mala Pasha
      FRI, 28 March 2014, 6.30 pm