Holons and Holarchy

  • Yeddanapudi Markandeyulu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2014
      Holons-Holarchy-Evolution

      According to Ken Wilber, there are no fundamental indivisible
      particles and there are only compositions, embedded within
      compositions. Everything is both a whole and also a part of a bigger
      whole. He calls a part, a Holon, which means composition. A Holon is
      part of a bigger Holon and within itself there are holons which are
      its parts. He calls the entire system-the Universe the Holarchy do not
      know whether the Standard Model is just constructed for convenience or
      one which has been discovered with the latest the Higg's boson being
      the completion, the trial now shifting towards the graviton.

      If we agree that there are compositions within compositions only with
      no ultimate indivisible particle, then we are talking about the ever
      evolving entities of non-matter or non-material. Can we call them the
      entities of consciousness? Is evolution the evolution of entities of
      consciousness? Within your body there are trillions of organisms
      toiling continuously to make every cell in your body, perform the task
      assigned to it by the DNA.There are DNAs of their own in the bacteria.
      A gigantic cooperation and coordination among the trillions of DNAs
      must be happening. When there are only Holons or systems, then the
      entire activity must be the flow of consciousness.

      Is evolution the continuous change of consciousness -coordinated
      consciousness among conscious entities? Suppose you go into the deep
      space, bound within your spaceship. Then what will happen to the
      bacteria in you-trillions of them and your own flow of consciousness
      which we call life. Your conceptual bases of understanding change as
      you are no longer governed by the concepts that evolved when you were
      on earth.My curiosity is whether evolution ultimately boils down to
      the continuous change of consciousness only?

      Under those circumstances can you ignore your consciousness in the
      name of unbiased observation? Observation and perception are actually
      your own flow of consciousness. You are a Holon with Holons within you
      and you are also a part of the bigger Holon-Earth. Is consciousness
      the basis of mutations also? Is a mutation the result of a change in
      consciousness? Then can you will a mutation? How is the grand flow of
      diverse Holon's consciousness coordinated in the evolution? How our
      consciousness is subsumed in the general consciousness?

      YM