Re: [karmayog-hyd] Re: Purposes of Capital Punishment

  • Narendra Ch
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2013
      It is natural Indian Society in general refuse to accept the truth that death penalty is not a solution to check any criminal attitude. Morever it reflect the brutality of a society. That does not mean to let free those who committed henious crimes.

      Now where in the world, studies proved that death penalty led to checking crime rate, nor aboliton of death penalty led to increase in crime rate. Now over two third of nations not practising death penalty and most of them abolished death penalty from their statues. There is no evidence to say such countries facing increase in crime rate.

      Even in advanced societies like US, we have many cases where after implementatin of death sentence, courts realised that they were mistaken..the evedence considered was not true. In such cases it was not possible to give back such lives taken away with mistaken identity.

      In India we are taking very liberal attitude on life sentence. Though 14 years need to stay in prison, with various pleas they are coming out after spending 7 to 10 years in jail. Where as in countries like US Life means Life only.

      Several social conditions also contributing to act in a brutal way. Even such huge cry and angor expressed by the nation, we are witnessing repetance of such henious events. So we have to admit death sentence will not ensure checking of such crimes. We need to take up more legal and administrative initaitives and reforms to check such occurances, in which all sections of society need to play their role.

      We have to think this issue in a more humane and objective way.

      Ch. Narendra
      Hyderabad
      98495 69050

      On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM, rishi <sawhneyrs@...> wrote:

       I think even my point is also not taken.
      anyway i guess i am not so educated thanks
      punishment is given to the convict not just to punish him for his deed.
      But also for others not to commit crimes. The easier the punishment the more the crime.

      well I joined this group thinking this has something to do with karmyog
      i think it is time to say good bye

      regards
      rishi
      +91 9848444011

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
        Dears All, The objective of capital punishment is to reduce the
        suffering of those related to the victim. They
        must,must,must,must...get peace of mind....period. Murders happen
        whether there is capital punishment or not This is not a sophisticated
        or technical topic. The victim must get justice, very simple.
        Y.Markandeyulu