11716Fwd: Demystifying sexuality

    Jun 17, 2014

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Luvlina Bhardwaj <tinky_db@...>
      Date: Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 8:25 AM
      Subject: Demystifying sexuality

      Hi all,

      Greetings from Break the Silence !

      We are excited to bring ` Demystifying Sexuality', an empowering course on Human Sexuality and  Personal Safety  to the people of Hyderabad.

      The following write-up by Dr. Shaibya Saldanha, Enfold India Proactive Health Trust, Bangalore, the facilitator for this course, will give you a perspective into the course.

      Sex and sexuality, and I mention both because we rarely understand the difference, are covered by a blanket of silence. And yet, every human being is also a sexual being. Whether we like it or not!
      Our sexuality is inherent from conception, and it is reiterated at birth when the first question asked by EVERYBODY is “Boy or girl?”
      It runs our entire lives - from my feeling of being wanted by my parents, or not; on the restrictions imposed upon me by my family, “ you are a boy, don’t cry!”, “you are a girl, sit properly and don’t talk loudly!”, “if you behave like this, who will marry you?”
      Our births, our intimate relationships, our marriages and separations, our relationships with our children, our self worth and our ability to cope with all that life throws at us is dependant on how we experience our sexuality.
      This course on Demystifying Sexuality is an attempt to create empowerment through knowledge. When I know why I behave the way I do, I am able to decide as well as accept my course of action. I have a better sense of control, over my attitudes, my relationships and my life.
      By imparting some of this knowledge to our children, we also help them to build self confidence, increase their self worth and fight all forms of child abuse. Child sexual abuse is a constant refrain in our society in the present. How do we protect our children? How do we fight the demons from our own childhood? What systems can be set up to prevent abuse in society?
      We hope you enjoy and are enriched by this course as much as we have enjoyed it and have been enriched by it.

      This course is specially put together for Parents, Teachers, Counselors, NGOs and anyone working with children.

      Our endeavor is to bring this much required knowledge to the people of Hyderabad so that we understand our children and another human being better and create a safe space for children in our society.

      Please write back early to enroll yourself / members from your organisation.

      The Course fee is Rs.2500/- per head and enclosed is a flier with the course content.

      With warm regards,

      for Break the Silence Core team,

      Tinky Bhardwaj
      Ph: 09391184439