11162Women's Day celebrations

    Mar 6, 2014

      MESH is delighted to invite you to

      INSPIRING CHANGE

      A demonstration of hand weaving with coffee and cake

      To celebrate Women’s Day 2014

      On Saturday and Sunday 8th and 9th March 2014

      From 2 p.m. to 9 p.m.

      At

      MESH

      Shop No. 8 NTR Gardens, Necklace Road, Hyderabad

      Maximising Employment To Serve The Handicapped

      Practicing Fair Trade

      Opening hours Tuesday – Sunday 12:30-9:30 p.m.               www.mesh.org.in

      Thirty years ago, a young woman is diagnosed with leprosy.  She can hardly dare to imagine what lies ahead, not only is she scorned for being a women, denied education because it wasn’t considered necessary for her as a girl to go to school now she is about to face a whole new set of prejudices because she has leprosy.

      Move on 30 years and we find that same woman busy in a weaving unit with other women with a similar background. They are cured and they are skilled, they make bags which are exported across the globe, they have raised and educated their children and they know that even with everything stacked against them they have overcome.  They have inspired change and worked to make it possible for their daughters to hold their heads high and know their rights as women.

      We have asked two weavers to demonstrattheir weaving skills in MESH shop for you