#544: In Memory of My Best Friend

  • ngordon4
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2012
      Karaite Korner Newsletter #544

      In Memory of My Best Friend

      A month ago today my beloved dog Georgia passed away at the ripe old age of 13. The day she died I was scheduled to record an episode of our weekly Torah program with Keith Johnson and Jono Vandor. Early that morning I sent them an e-mail telling them Georgia was very sick and I wouldn't be able to make it. Around 9am Georgia died and I was totally devastated. I lay in bed for a few hours mourning my loss but then decided to take a chapter out of Israel's military heritage. Israeli military doctrine states that when the enemy attacks, you don't go hiding or run away. Instead you launch an immediate counter-attack. The Enemy struck a painful blow against me that day and I decided the best way to counter-attack would be to teach Torah. I immediately sent an e-mail to Jono and Keith telling them I would do the program after all in memory of Georgia. The episode we recorded that afternoon was on the Torah portion of Jethro (Exodus 18:1-20:22) and is now finally available at:
      http://www.truth2u.org/

      An album of Georgia's pictures is posted at:
      http://www.facebook.com/NehemiaGordon

      She was a good girl and she'll be missed in the upcoming Aviv Search.

      Nehemia Gordon
      Jerusalem, Israel