#506: New Moon Report - April 2011 - First Biblical Month

  • ngordon4
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2011
      Karaite Korner Newsletter #506

      New Moon Report
      April 2011
      First Biblical Month

      On Monday April 4, 2011 the new moon was sighted from Israel. The moon was first sighted from Mount Hezekiah at 7:28 pm by Nehemia Gordon and at 7:29 pm by Yoel Halevi. The moon was also sighted from Ashdod by Magdi Shamuel at 7:40 pm.

      A photograph of the moon sighted from Mount Hezekiah in the Eilat Mountains is posted at:
      http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=293928&id=371892568628&l=117d55c868

      Chag HaMatzot (Feast of Unleavened Bread) will begin April 18 at sunset.

      Looks like I messed up the dates on my last newsletter about finding Aviv barley on March 30 in the Jordan valley when it was in fact March 29. Thanks to Botaniska Föreningen for catching this oversight. This doesn't change the conclusions.

      Shanah Tovah!
      Happy New Year!

      Nehemia Gordon
      Jerusalem, Israel