#473: A Song to Our Father

  • ngordon4
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2010
      Karaite Korner Newsletter #473

      A Song to Our Father

      It's finally here! Andrew Hodkinson's rendition of the Avinu (Our Father) Prayer! Earlier this year, Keith Johnson and I traveled to South Africa to speak on our book "A Prayer to Our Father". In anticipation of our coming to Durban in the province of KwaZulu-Natal, one of the locals decided to compose music for the "Lord's Prayer" and sing it at our speaking event. We were awe-struck by the song's beauty and asked the composer, Andrew Hodkinson, to make this available to the general public. Andrew and Rob Hackenbruch have now created an interactive DVD that will help people learn to sing and pray this prayer in the original language without any need for prior Hebrew knowledge. You can watch and listen to the video version for free at:

      http://APrayerToOurFather.com/music/

      When I watched this video it literally made me weep. You need to see this!

      The interactive DVD is available from:

      http://SoundTheShofar.tv/

      Andrew and Rob recently discussed this song on the Truth2U radio program:

      http://www.truth2u.org/2010/08/3rd-hour-andrew-hodkinson-rob-hackenbruch-sound-the-shofar.html

      Nehemia Gordon
      Jerusalem, Israel