Re: [kantronics] KAM 5.0

  • Mark Hinkel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2010
      Chuck,

      I'm no guru when it comes to computers, but I do know that TNCs have two baud rates -- slower on the radio side and faster on the computer side. My newer MT-1200G sends to Hyper-Terminal at 2400 baud (data bits = 8; parity = none; stop bits = 1; flow control = hardware).

      Also, you'll need a null modem cable -- that is, both the computer and TNC are what they call smart units. I believe the null cable (or adapter) will switch pins 2 and 3 from one end to the other. (one unit is sending while the other unit receives)

      Mark WA3QVU

      FYI: the Kantronics MT-1200G is a small box that is almost a KPC-3plus, almost... It has a built in GPS unit and works just like a tracker, but it'll also work as a send/receive TNC. So far, I've only used mine as a GPS tracker.

      On Jun 1, 2010, ac5pw10 <ac5pw10@...> wrote:

      I'm new to the group, so please bear with me will I ask the questions.

      I have a KAM ver 5.0 that will not log onto my pc, I have used different pc's done hard resets, checked other comports, used different cables and so on. The unit will power up but I get nothing on the screen, no giberish, no nothing.

      I'm using XP home Hyper-terminal (and have tried other terminal programs with no luck) my comport is set at 300 8,n,1 I've tried xon-xoff, hardware, and none for control and I still get nothing on the screen. The jumper for rs-232/ttl is set for rs-232

      Anybody got any ideas??

      73, Chuck AC5PW