KPC-9612 transmitting on port 1 and receiving on port 2

  • mffrhorne
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
      I have a KPC-9612 non-plus that I'm trying to use for Paclink. It is communicating with the computer just fine but it is not receiving. It keys the transceiver and the Port 1 Xmit light comes on but when the answering packet is received the Port 2 Rcv light comes on and the computer does not receive the packet. The commercially made Buxcomm cable is definitely connected to Port 1 since it is physically impossible to connect a DE9 cable to Port 2 which has a DE15 connector. Does anyone have any idea why that might be wrong. How can a transceiver that is connected to Port 1 cause a Rcv indication on Port 2? I have used this transceiver, TNC, and antenna set up successfully before for Packlink with the same stations. I tried three different RMS Packet stations one of which turned out to be out of service but the other two are attempting to answer.
      --
      Tom Horne, W3TDH
    • mffrhorne
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 7, 2009
        I should have mentioned that I checked the continuity of the commercial Buxcomm cable and I have continuity from the 1/8" tip and sleeve plug's tip to pin 5 and sleeve to pin 6 of the DE9 connector of the cable.
        --
        Tom Horne, W3TDH

        --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "mffrhorne" <hornetd@...> wrote:

        > I have a KPC-9612 non-plus that I'm trying to use for Paclink. It is communicating with the computer just fine but it is not receiving. It keys the transceiver and the Port 1 Xmit light comes on but when the answering packet is received the Port 2 Rcv light comes on and the computer does not receive the packet. The commercially made Buxcomm cable is definitely connected to Port 1 since it is physically impossible to connect a DE9 cable to Port 2 which has a DE15 connector. Does anyone have any idea why that might be wrong. How can a transceiver that is connected to Port 1 cause a Rcv indication on Port 2? I have used this transceiver, TNC, and antenna set up successfully before for Packlink with the same stations. I tried three different RMS Packet stations one of which turned out to be out of service but the other two are attempting to answer.
        > --
        > Tom Horne, W3TDH

      • mffrhorne
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 8, 2009
          I have managed to exonerate the KPC-9612 by using hyperterminal to monitor the APRS frequency. It received there just fine. So off to the Winlink 2K reflector to see what I can find out there.