Kam XL and Pactor 1

  • Joe - wb6agr
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
      I think I am close to getting all the problems Ironed out
      I have connected to 2 stations using P to P but couldnt pass any msgs.

      I think I have all of the setting correct, ini files, etc

      When I transmit using Pactor 1, USB. the power out is only 5 to 10
      watts, even if I have the Radio up to 80 or so. I can key the xmtr on
      Rtty and get full power, I have tried 2 different radios (Icom 706's)
      they both seem the same, I can't find anywhere where the keyed power
      by the Kam XL can be controlled

      Joe AAT9EK
    • ktnjoepark@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2008
        I have solved the power problem had to go in and
        increase the XMITLVL control. My newer post of today, I am still working on .

        Joe WB6AGR

        In a message dated 4/12/2008 9:54:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        ktnjoepark@... writes:

        I think I am close to getting all the problems Ironed out
        I have connected to 2 stations using P to P but couldnt pass any msgs.

        I think I have all of the setting correct, ini files, etc

        When I transmit using Pactor 1, USB. the power out is only 5 to 10
        watts, even if I have the Radio up to 80 or so. I can key the xmtr on
        Rtty and get full power, I have tried 2 different radios (Icom 706's)
        they both seem the same, I can't find anywhere where the keyed power
        by the Kam XL can be controlled

        Joe AAT9EK
      • Ronald West
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2008
          Hello,

          The power is controlled mostly by the Kantronics unit through the Calibrate command. You set it up using the command and the plus and minus keys on the computer keyboard.

          Ron / WB3ILX

          Joe - wb6agr <ktnjoepark@...> wrote: I think I am close to getting all the problems Ironed out