MT1200 Firmware Update

  • ssobods
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2008
      I purchased 6 MT1200G's for use in search and rescue vehicle beacon
      boxes. I have been in touch with Kantronics with regard to software
      updates because one of the sales people told me that there was a
      plan on supporting digipeating. Well I found out sever things of
      interest to the group.

      1. There are two versions of the MT1200G, one with a memory chip in
      U4 for GPS logs and one without. The firmware is different for each
      version and there is no way to tell without pulling the lid. All of
      the shipments now have the chip but I got some old shelf stock.

      2. Kantronics have been busy updating and testing new firmware for
      these units. My first flash file to test was about three weeks ago
      (version 1.08023). It added a bunch of commands such as UIDIGI,
      UIFLOOD and others.

      3. Yesterday I got another update (version 1.08074) which didn't add
      any commands, just fixed a bug.

      They promise to put the update up on their web site soon. You could
      Email them and they will probably Email it to you if you can't wait.

      I emailed them today the hardware bug of continuously keying the
      attached radio when the TNC is powered off.

      They have been real helpful thoughout the process with several
      Emails almost real-time.

      Steve