Still no word from Kantronics

  • Bill Martin
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 9, 2004
      I have yet to hear from Kantronics on the Update Code for the Kam Plus. I'd
      like to see them provide the Bins or Hex files for the Updates. They no
      longer support the Kam Plus or KPC3 units. They won't sell you an Update
      chip. Anyone have Kam Plus V8.3 chip or file?

      Bill - WA6RTX

      ---
    • Todd Foote
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 15, 2004
        Hey Bill,
        Looks like were in the same boat. If you are able to get the files
        and need a chip burned, I will do it for you. If you should come
        across v8.2 (I believe thats the latest for the KPC3) I would sure
        appreciate a copy of the file so I can bring mine up to date. I think
        Kraptronics could learn alot from AEA/Timewave on the support side.
        Thanks,
        Todd
      • Bill Martin
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 16, 2004
          Todd,

          I need your address. V8.3 is the latest for the KPC3 and Kam Plus. You want
          KPC3 send me your address. Version I have of KPC3 is V8.2.

          Bill

          > Looks like were in the same boat. If you are able to get the files
          > and need a chip burned, I will do it for you. If you should come
          > across v8.2 (I believe thats the latest for the KPC3) I would sure
          > appreciate a copy of the file so I can bring mine up to date. I think
          > Kraptronics could learn alot from AEA/Timewave on the support side.
          > Thanks,
          > Todd
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          ---
        • Mark McClain
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 16, 2004
            Bill,

            What is it that you have? I would be interested in seeing what is
            available to upgrade my older KPC3.

            Tks,

            Mark
            Redmond, WA
            n6oby -@- sds.com

            --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Martin" <wa6rtx@b...> wrote:
            > Todd,
            >
            > I need your address. V8.3 is the latest for the KPC3 and Kam Plus.
            You want
            > KPC3 send me your address. Version I have of KPC3 is V8.2.
            >
            > Bill

          • n3ezd
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 17, 2004
              Hi Bill,

              I had similar negative results from Kantronics when I tried to
              purchase the last upgrade firmware (V8.2?) for the original KPC9612
              (not the Plus version). I would like to get the last version of the
              firmware but anything after the V6.0 firmware that is currently
              installed would be an improvement. If anyone can help me out, I
              would really appreciate it.

              I was willing to pay Kantronics' full upgrade price (which I think
              excessively expensive) for just an image file of the upgrade, but
              apparently they are not interested in making a substantial amount of
              money for very little effort.

              If anyone needs assistance with a KPC3 (I have one [the original, not
              the Plus] with V8.2 firmware) contact me directly.

              73, Mike

              --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Martin" <wa6rtx@b...> wrote:
              > I have yet to hear from Kantronics on the Update Code for the Kam
              Plus. I'd
              > like to see them provide the Bins or Hex files for the Updates.
              They no
              > longer support the Kam Plus or KPC3 units. They won't sell you an
              Update
              > chip. Anyone have Kam Plus V8.3 chip or file?
              >
              > Bill - WA6RTX
              >

              > ---
            • Todd F
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 17, 2004
                Sorry it took me so long to get back to you Bill,
                I sure would like to get a copy of the file for v8.2. My address is
                tfoote@...
                Thanks very much, if there is anything I can do for you please let me know.
                Todd

                >From: "Bill Martin" <wa6rtx@...>
                >To: <kantronics@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: Re: [kantronics] Re: Still no word from Kantronics
                >Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 10:45:03 -0500
                >
                >Todd,
                >
                >I need your address. V8.3 is the latest for the KPC3 and Kam Plus. You want
                >KPC3 send me your address. Version I have of KPC3 is V8.2.
                >
                >Bill

              • Bill Martin
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 17, 2004
                  Todd,

                  Your Spam hickey bounced it back
                  Recipient: <tfoote@...>
                  Reason: Service unavailable; Client host [205.152.59.71] blocked
                  using bl.spamcop.net; Blocked - see
                  http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?205.152.59.71