Very disappointed with Kantronics

  • Bill Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 14, 2004
      I sent the following email to Kantronics CEO. I have not heard any response
      to my email. See if you agree with my email.
      ATTN: CEO
      Kantronics Co. Inc.

      Sir;

      I have been a Kantronics friend and steady customer for years. I own two Kam
      Plus TNC's (Tan Case) and have had very good service with them. I was very
      distraught to see that you no longer support the Kam Plus and KPC3 units,
      abandoning some of your customers.

      If you had the upgrade chips for sale I'd be buying one. I'm active on APRS.
      I have V7.1 & V8.0 in my TNC's. I need the V7.1 updated to V8.0 badly. I
      want to upgrade the V7.1 unit legally. I am having a hard time understanding
      why you have not released the update code so that individuals can download
      and update their own units since you feel it is not profitable to sell the
      upgrade chips. It seems to me that it would be good for customer relations
      to do so. As it stands now I have no intention what so ever of buying any of
      your products again and know of others that feel the same way that I do.

      Please consider releasing the HEX files for download.

      Signed by me.