old KAM all mode

  • n0mtc
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2006
      I recently picked up a KAM all mode from a fellow ham. I am
      interfacing it with a new ICOM IC-2200H 2m only rig. So far I have
      made a modification to increase the audio output of the KAM to 1v P-P
      but it is still not enough audio to the radio. I am monitoring it
      with my HT but the audio level is really low. I was thinking of making
      a audio amp to boost it up but that will be a last resort if nothing
      else will work with this ICOM rig. The ICOM rig is ok as I can connect
      the mic it came with and the audio is normal level. I have even tried
      using a decoupling cap on the mic input but that did not work either.

      Does anyone have a mod to increase the audio output even higher?

      73's de larry