KPC3 Firmware, where can I get it?

  • ns2e
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 25, 2006
      I just looked thru the msgs re: KPC3 firmware updates and saw that v8.2
      was the last version released, tho I see a ref to v8.3 which was used
      in the KAM Plus, or 98.. I looked over the Legacy page at Kantronics
      looking for ... anything for the KPC3. There is no link for a firmware
      update/upgrade, or at least I couldnt find any. Has anyone got an
      update newer than v5 (which is what's in mine now) or know where I can
      find any?

      Thanks,

      TJ, NS2E
      PHX
    • Ken Page
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 28, 2006
        Hi,

        You sometimes find the eproms for sale on Ebay.

        Kantronics no longer offers upgrades for the Legacy products.

        You could get a Kam Xl. Their pretty cool, and flash upgradable! ;)

        73 de Ken
        .-.-.

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2 4:48 PM
          Contact Doug Ferrell, KD4MOJ, at KD4MOJ@... and see if he has
          any v8.2 roms left. He frequently sells them on Ebay for about $25
          each. I think v8.2 is the latest version that will work in the
          non plus version of the KPC3.

          Good luck.

          James
          N5SKU

          --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "ns2e" <ns2e@...> wrote:

          > I just looked thru the msgs re: KPC3 firmware updates and saw that
          v8.2
          > was the last version released, tho I see a ref to v8.3 which was
          used
          > in the KAM Plus, or 98.. I looked over the Legacy page at
          Kantronics
          > looking for ... anything for the KPC3. There is no link for a
          firmware
          > update/upgrade, or at least I couldnt find any. Has anyone got an
          > update newer than v5 (which is what's in mine now) or know where I
          can
          > find any?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > TJ, NS2E
          > PHX

        • ns2e
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 4 9:22 PM
            Ken, bin looking on eBay, and aside from a couple KPC3s as old as
            mine, a few KPC4's, a UTU and a couple KAM's not much I could use..
            i'll keep a lookout for the eeproms tho,

            Thanks,

            TJ

            --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Page" <vk4akp@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > You sometimes find the eproms for sale on Ebay.
            >
            > Kantronics no longer offers upgrades for the Legacy products.
            >
            > You could get a Kam Xl. Their pretty cool, and flash upgradable! ;)
            >

            > 73 de Ken
            > .-.-.

          • ns2e
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 4 9:23 PM
              James,

              Thanks very much, I'll check with Doug and see what he has..

              73,

              TJ, NS2E

              --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "James DeLoach" <jasdel49@...>