Re: Kam plus v8.2

  • James DeLoach
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2005
      Marty, since Kantronics quit supporting the older TNC's, I been able
      to get newer proms and memory chips for the KPC-3 from Doug Ferrell,
      KD4MOJ. He frequently sells chips for Kantronics TNC's on E-bay.
      You might contact him and see if he has a prom for the KAM Plus. I
      think he buys TNC's and then sells them for parts. I have bought
      from him in the past and have been very pleased with the service he
      provides. I don't have his current email address but you should be
      able to get it from some place like QRZ.

      Good luck.

      73,

      James
      N5SKU

      --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "Marty" <kd4hlv@r...> wrote:

      > I was surprised to get a response from Kantronics after what
      everyone
      > else wrote about them, But the same as what you all wrote.
      >
      > I managed to fined a Kam Plus with later version software than
      mine.

      > Merry Christmas and Happy and safe New Years!
      >
      > Marty - KD4HLV
      >
      > (Updates for the old model TNCs, which includes the KAM Plus, have
      been
      > discontinued for quite some time, and they are no longer available
      from
      > Kantronics.
      >
      > The only major changes after version 7.0, were in the addition of
      GPS data
      > capture and beacon (in 8.0) and APRS digipeater (in 8.2).
      >
      > Kantronics Technical Service)

    • Cortland Richmond
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 30, 2005
        nick@... wrote:

        >As Kantronics no longer support these older TNCs would they have any
        >objection to making firmware updates available in the files area here? I
        >realise that they are still the intellectual property owners and there
        >might still be license royalties to pay to SCS for the PACTOR protocol.

        I suspect they'd rather we bought new instead of upgrading old KAM+'s etc.

        Cortland
        KA5S