KPC-3 v8.2

  • n9wys
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 10, 2005
      I have an older KPC-3 that I recently upgraded to the v8.2
      firmware. I've read the manual addendum that applies to this
      software, but I still have a few questions. My home station is
      currently running UI-View with this TNC.

      In order to continue reporting location information, do I need to
      keep UI-View running, or is there a provision (or string) I can
      configure the TNC for to allow the station to operate without the
      computer running 24/7?

      I thought I saw a configuration format for this type of TNC listed
      before, but I can't sem to locate it now. (Showed suggested
      parameters for the new commands.) Was it posted on this reflector?

      Can anyone who is sucessfully running this TNC "stand-alone" give me
      some direction? It's working fine with the computer connected 24/7,
      but the computer is not on a battery backed-up supply, so every time
      we lose power, I lose the station until the next time I cna reset
      the computer. (Usually happens during the night or when I'm at
      work.)

      Thanks!
      Mark - N9WYS