Re: KAM+ v8.2 pinout

  • zl4ax
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 22, 2013
      It's the same wiring as it was before. Changing the Eprom to V8.2 doesn't alter the pinouts, so they're the ones that are in your existing manual.
      I wonder why you thought it might have changed?
      (By the way, V8.0 is also fine for APRS use. I've got both versions of Kamplus here and have used them both on APRS and I can't tell the difference).
      I've used my V8.0 since the early 90's for APRS. Back in those days there were so few GPS satellites in the sky that we could only get a location fix once in a while, maybe a couple of days per month!
      My pals locaded the software and drew basic line maps on a blank grid screen with vectors, and I drove around while they tracked me. It seemed like a miracle in those days! It was so unusual that technical authors contacted me to enquire about it, then wrote papers for radio magazines and scientific journals in Europe. They quoted everything I'd told them almost word-for-word. They became known as authorities on remote radiolocation and never even mentioned me!
      Just another example of how ham radio leads the way with innovations that become such pivotal technologies for the rest of the population.
      And as usual, Kantronics were right in there, leading from the front!
      73
      Paul ZL4AX Pukekohe New Zealand