Re: Terminal program for the utu-xt/p

  • kj4tdm
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
      I run a KPC3 and the Hyper Terminal on the Windows XP works fine for me.

      Brian, KJ4TDM

      --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "km5rv" <km5rv@...> wrote:

      > I pulled my old utu out of storage and thought I would try and set it up with the Windows XP computer. It was previously used on a Macintosh SE and worked good with the Microphone software. Does anyone know of a terminal program that will work with it. I know the utu works because I can read all modes using the hyperterminal program for windows. Have tried several programs but have had no luck. Seems most software utilizes the sound card approach. Any help would be appreciated.
      >
      > Robert
      > KM5RV

    • George Sansom
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
        The RMS Simple Terminal included with Paclink and all the other WL2K
        software works VERY well with Kantronics TCNs and although I haven't
        tested it fully it seems to be compatible with WIN7 and 8. At least
        it opens. Next step is to actually hook up a USB-Com Port device and
        try it on one of my KAMs.

        The main thing I like about it is the ease with which it initializes
        and recognizes ham gear. It has a KISS reset and a Host mode reset
        for various TNCs as well.

        Stay tuned!

        George
        VE3GWS