Does KPC3+ support pactor

  • Vern Six
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
      I am looking at buying a KPC3+ and am curious... does it support PACTOR?
    • Joe Park
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
        HI, A KPC3+ will only do VHF, you can use it to do RMS Express, packet
        To do Pactor 1 you can use a KAM XL + others,
        For Pactor III you need an SCS Modem
        The Kam XL will do P1 and RMS Express Winmor on HF+-

        Joe WB6AGR

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2012
          No a KPC-3+ is only for packet. A Kantronics KAM (upgraded to firmware version 6.1) , KAM Plus, KAM 98, or KAM XL will operate Pactor but only Pactor 1.

          Same thing with any other multi mode TNC, they only have Pactor 1. Pactor 2 3 and 4 are proprietary modes that are only available in modems made by SCS or in licensed versions of a SCS modem.

          Dave WB2FTX
          I am looking at buying a KPC3+ and am curious... does it support PACTOR?

          No virus found in this message.

        • Terry
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
            NO

            I am looking at buying a KPC3+ and am curious... does it support PACTOR?