Re: 512K RAM Expansion Chip for KAMplus ?

  • brad_ka3yan
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 5 11:11 AM
      Greg,

      I have the 7.0 manual, but I have the 8.0P firmware. I couldn't find it in the manual either...so I just looked by the RAM chip and noticed a jumper that was labeled 512k. Seemed to make sense that I just change jumper positions and it worked.

      It automatically changes your PBBS to like 420k instead of the default 100k. I can also up the NUMNODES past 2. I made it three, but maybe I could make it more if needed.

      I'm very satisfied with the upgrade. For less than $20, you can't ask for more.

      73,
      Brad