Re: Software for PocketPC, Palm?

  • Kenneth Cooperstein
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
      "Ken" phixer36@... wrote:
      >So now all we need is someone else who can come up with a packet
      >program for Windows CE. Is there anybody out there that can perform
      >this programming feat???

      Until they do, you can use Pacterm 2.0 for DOS under PocketDOS.

      I have it working on my iPAQ 3150, turned sideways, with IrDA keyboard
      input. I might go blind, but it works.

      Now if only I can figure out how to get native printing done under Pocket PC
      2000.

      BTW, you can't do this with Palm OS because the serial and IrDA ports use
      the same I/O interrupts or memory. I believe you can do it with Palm using
      an integral thumboard, Graffiti or touch screen keyboard. Lotsa luck trying
      to have a QSO at 20 WPM.

      Also, you can always "rough it" with a simple freeware terminal emulator --
      both for Pocket PC and Palm. No hot keys or file transfers though.

      For Pocket PC, you can ante up $29 and get vxHpc, which, I believe, has hot
      keys and file transfer capability.

      Ken KC2JDY
    • Ken
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
        Pacterm and pocket DOS, I'll give that a try.

        Thanks

        Ken N1IER

        --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Cooperstein