Re: Software for PocketPC, Palm?

  • Ken
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
      I'm sure everyone will be as amazed as I am but CSS responded to my
      last email saying that they no longer sell PacRatt CE and it looks
      like they finally took it off of their web site.

      So now all we need is someone else who can come up with a packet
      program for Windows CE. Is there anybody out there that can perform
      this programming feat???

      Ken

      N1IER

      --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, Kenneth Cooperstein
      <cprstn54@a...> wrote:

      > "Ken" phixer36@y... wrote
      > >PacRatt/CE by CSS would do the trick but I guess they don't make
      it
      > >any longer. I have tried several times to get them to reply to my
      > >emails about the product with no luck. They have not even sent an
      > >email stating that they don't produce it any longer, nothing.
      >

      > Thanks. I have found that company to be unreasonable and
      uncooperative. It
      > will not support transferees of its software unless permission is
      requested
      > before the transfer. If permission is requested in advance, it
      will not
      > grant it. Pass them up.
      >
      > Ken KC2JDY
    • Kenneth Cooperstein
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
        "Ken" phixer36@... wrote:
        >So now all we need is someone else who can come up with a packet
        >program for Windows CE. Is there anybody out there that can perform
        >this programming feat???

        Until they do, you can use Pacterm 2.0 for DOS under PocketDOS.

        I have it working on my iPAQ 3150, turned sideways, with IrDA keyboard
        input. I might go blind, but it works.

        Now if only I can figure out how to get native printing done under Pocket PC
        2000.

        BTW, you can't do this with Palm OS because the serial and IrDA ports use
        the same I/O interrupts or memory. I believe you can do it with Palm using
        an integral thumboard, Graffiti or touch screen keyboard. Lotsa luck trying
        to have a QSO at 20 WPM.

        Also, you can always "rough it" with a simple freeware terminal emulator --
        both for Pocket PC and Palm. No hot keys or file transfers though.

        For Pocket PC, you can ante up $29 and get vxHpc, which, I believe, has hot
        keys and file transfer capability.

        Ken KC2JDY
      • Ken
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
          Pacterm and pocket DOS, I'll give that a try.

          Thanks