KPC3 + work with Packet Engine Pro

  • bazooka270space
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2012
      hi,

      I am doing a project that is to build the Cubesate ground station for our school.

      mine TNC is KPC3+, and it is connected to transceiver ICOM 910H main data socket via 6 pin connector. From Hyperterminal in CAL mode I can Receive and Transmit, at least the lights are on respectively, so I think there is no problem with connection.

      but in the Packet Engine Pro monitor I didn't get anything, I have tried to get packet radio signal from ISS by YEASU 817 with its own antenna during outdoor testing, indeed I heard the packet signal only a few times, maybe the time is too short for TNC to decode it? How does this setup work? Will I only get the decoded signal from TNC with VHF/UHF AFSK from transceiver? Can anyone tell me?

      any help will be appreciated, thanks!

      Yongjie

      bazooka270@...