Re: [kantronics] Kam Plus problem

  • Jim Smith
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
      I have the same exact problem here with my KAM Plus, tried the same fixes as
      you and achieved the same results. If you get better results, please let me
      know. Thanks.

      Jim K4PPK

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2004
        Start with the microprocessor clock signals then each voltage level.
        The chips operate from 5 volts and plus and minus 9 to 12 volts is
        needed for the RS-232 levels.

        --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "Randy" <kk6rw@k...> wrote:

        > Hello all,
        >
        > I have a Kam Plus, circa 1994, version 7.1. The unit had been
        stored
        > for approx three years before putting back into service for APRS
        and
        > HF use. It worked fine for 6 six weeks or so then developed the
        > following problem(s):
        >
        > When turning unit on with on/off button, the tuning led(s) go
        > immediately to the right of the display and stay there. The green
        > power led is on. I cannot operate any mode, VHF or HF.
        >
        > I have replaced the electrolytic caps as suggested by Kantronics
        > FAQ. Replaced all the electrolytic caps...
        >
        > Can anyone offer any suggestions or have had a similar problem that
        > you may share your repair efforts? I hate to trash the unit as it
        > worked so well for many years.
        >
        > Thanks for reading this.
        >
        > Randy - KK6RW
      • yv5grb
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2004
          Randy,

          I did have the same problem, replaced the 3 electrolitc capacitors as
          suggested in this user group and reset the unit. It is working again!.

          73 de Eduard