Re: Kantronics flashing utility (FlashWizard.zip)

  • frankk2ncc
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2011
      I inquired further and got this:

      -------------------------------------

      Frank:

      Yes, the link on the Kantronics web page for downloading the KAM XL bios
      flash wizard is broken. The original author of that program no longer has it
      available from their web site.

      However, that KAM XL bios flash wizard program is still included on ALL of
      the manual CDs that ship with Kantronics TNCs, including the KAM XL,
      KPC-3Plus, KPC-9612Plus, and MT1200.

      We will try to update that link on the web page as soon as possible, with
      new download location.

      Use of that bios flash wizard is NOT a requirement to install bios in the
      KAM XL. Loading bios is nearly as simple, using a generic terminal program
      that can send plain text or ASCII files. That procedure is desribed in the
      KAM XL manual, and uses the Hyperterminal program in Windows XP (also in
      win95, win98, and win2000), as an example.

      Ken
      Kantronics Technical Service

      -------------------------------------

      In a nutshell, I guess wait for the link, or someone to upload it here, or follow the manual and use your choice of term program.

      I'll probably be doing that shortly and will post my results here if anyone's interested.

      f, k2ncc
    • frankk2ncc
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
        Thanks for the heads-up Pierre.
        Download link is reestablished on Kantronics/cssincorp web site:

        http://files.cssincorp.com/pacterm/xlwiz.zip
      • pierre288
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2011
          tnx Frank for following up...
          I retried this afternoon and the link is repaired on ksntronics web site...utility is available again for download.

          73
          pierre ve2ky