KPC-3 question

  • Rahn Abbott
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011
      Next question about TNC's. I just asked some questions about KPC-3 pinouts and I got an answer. Then I got to thinking. I am using an internal speaker pin for audio into the TNC. Now, most of the time I will just be using this radio as a normal voice radio with with the TNC running APRS in the background as a tracker. So I won't be needing to listen on the APRS most of the time. However, occasionally I would like to throw a laptop on it and watch the APRS traffic.

      So durring normal operation the TNC will be listening to normal voice traffic. And I know that TNC's like to run at fairly low audio levels. Will it hurt the TNC to sit and listen to normal listening audio levels for voice traffic?

      Rahn
      W7DOA

    • Jim (List)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2011
        No problem at all.

        You will find the KPC-3 will tolerate a very wide audio range anyway,
        although as you say they perform best at lower levels.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2011
          OK, thanks Jim, that's what I was thinking but I would hate to toast a TNC
          just because the audio was too high.

          Rahn