Re: HSP (hardware single port) cable

  • aprswatcher
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2004
      Bill I have a copy of the HSP schematic that I got from Kantronics
      several years ago. It will be in snail mail tomorrow.
      73, Rex, KIØBJ

      --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "Bill P." <bprats@t...> wrote:

      > Does anyone know about this dual port / single port cable? I'd
      like
      > to make the cable and move on. The kpc3 (not plus) manual is very
      > good but no cable schematic.
      >
      > Is software version 8.2 Ok or do I need to upgrade.
      >
      > Any responses are appreciated. Bill K6ACJ
    • Bill P.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
        Rex, that was very kind of you to send the APRS HSP Cable info to me,
        thanks. Construction shouldn't be a problem I just hope the KPC3 not
        Plus with 8.2 FW can handle the job. I'm looking for 8.3 firmware but
        cannot confirm if the kpc3 not Plus is compatible with 8.3.

        Again, thanks for the info .... Bill K6ACJ

        --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "aprswatcher" <aprswatcher@y...>
        wrote:

        > Bill I have a copy of the HSP schematic that I got from Kantronics
        > several years ago. It will be in snail mail tomorrow.
        > 73, Rex, KIØBJ
        >
        > --- In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, "Bill P." <bprats@t...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Does anyone know about this dual port / single port cable? I'd
        > like
        > > to make the cable and move on. The kpc3 (not plus) manual is
        very
        > > good but no cable schematic.
        > >
        > > Is software version 8.2 Ok or do I need to upgrade.
        > >
        > > Any responses are appreciated. Bill K6ACJ
      • Bernie Basel, K3BAZ
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2004
          Someone may have already said this but the Kantronics website (
          http://www.kantronics.com/ver_hist.htm ) does not show v8.3 as being
          applicable to the non-Plus KPC3. It was the 8.3 version that added support
          for the second GPS port. I would not be surprised if there are hardware
          differences between the KPC3 and KPC3+ that are required for the second GPS
          port.

          Good luck,
          Bernie, K3BAZ