more KAM troubles

  • Ron K7CDL
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2011
      ok all. tnc got fixed and is running. my verison of my chip is 5.0. i can't get my TNC to revieve audio all the time. i see in the manual i have there used to be a EXcardet code for carrier detect turn on but my verison doesn't seem to have that. if i turn radio squelch up then light on tnc comes on but if i turn radio squelch all the way down light on tnc goes off. it seems like my tnc is hearing the carrier detect no matter what "CD" mode i have it in.
      K7CDL
      Ron
    • Shawn Bush
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2011
        Have you done a hardware reset yet?
        I remember my kam used to work if the squelch was set correctly or completely off, but now mine only works if its set correctly because if its turned off it will just sit their and it won't send any packets.

        Shawn
        KD8NCV

        ok all. tnc got fixed and is running. my verison of my chip is 5.0. i can't get my TNC to revieve audio all the time. i see in the manual i have there used to be a EXcardet code for carrier detect turn on but my verison doesn't seem to have that. if i turn radio squelch up then light on tnc comes on but if i turn radio squelch all the way down light on tnc goes off. it seems like my tnc is hearing the carrier detect no matter what "CD" mode i have it in.
        K7CDL
        Ron

        Reply to sender | Reply to group | Reply via web post |