return to command mode

  • k3jljohn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2011
      I have a KAM plus in thge past I used a dumb terminal and had no problem entering <control-C> to return to command prompt from convers,now I use airmail and when I use the dumb terminal I can't get any action from <control-C>. What am I missing? John
    • stevekb6hoh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2011
        John,

        The Dumb Term mode in Airmail really sucks wind. If you cannot get back to the Cmd prompt try hitting the Rest Host Button in Dumb Terminal
        and then press the Enter Key a couple of times. I was told that the Winlink Folks now recommend using RMS Express instead. It works just like Airmail but seems to do it better job of it.

        73 de Steve KB6HOH

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2011
          Steve, Thanks for response, after posting message I tried hyperterm and it worked as it should, but I found out shift+control+c does work in airmail dumbterm. Thanks again 73 John