1526RE: RE: RE: Programming the TNC to run a digi without a pc

  • zl4ax
    Nov 21 10:03 AM

      Dave, I'm sorry but I can't find your email address.  This new format of Yahoo Group is awful, and most of the buttons are no longer visible and many of the usual facilities seem to have disappeared!

      Your address has been masked from your posting, and the list of members that was once available is no longer there.  It's got me beat, I no longer know how to operate this group.   Thanks Yahoo. nice job!!!!!!

      ---In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, <va3nsc@...> wrote:

      Ok that be great Paul my direct email is va3nsc@... Thanks

      ---In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, <g4xta.paul@...> wrote:

      Hi Dave

      That's a very strange request.

      It's strange, because all Kantronics units act as a stand-alone Node and a Digi

      right out of the box.   Just plug em in and off they go.  That's just what they're

      designed-for.  No computer needed.

      You might have to enable a couple of parameters, but that's all.

      Let me help.   Email me direct, and I'll give you step-by-step instructions and

      have you up-and-running in minutes.

      If you do a full  cmd:DISPLAY   that will put all your current settings on the screen,

      Then you cut-and paste it onto a Wordpad document and send it to me as an

      attachment to an email.   I'll then enter the changes in bold print and send it back

      so that you can copy it into your TNC.    Easy.

      Tell me the 'alias' node name you're planning to use, and I'll show you where

      to enter it.  If you haven't chosen one, I suggest a name with 6 or less characters that gives a hint of the geographic location.

      Hope that helps

      73  Paul  ZL4AX

      ---In kantronics@yahoogroups.com, <va3nsc@...> wrote:

      Is there a program or software out there that you can program a Kantronics TNC to run on its own without a pc needed to be commanding it?
      I have various tnc's Kam,KamPlus,KPC-3 and KAMXL...all have been updated with the latest firmware. I have an eprom burner and blank eproms if nessecary. The only ones I have found are for the Tiny 2 tnc's,nothing so far for Kantronics...I am trying to set up a fill in digi for one of our club tower sites and don't want the hassle of  hard drive failure,any help would be appreciated. Thanks Dave
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic